|Title:||Combination of brimonidine and timolol for topical ophthalmic use|
|Abstract:||Disclosed are pharmaceutical compositions comprising brimondine and timolol for topical ophthalmic delivery and a method of treatment comprising administering said composition when indicated for glaucoma and associated conditions such as elevated intraocular pressure in the eyes of humans.|
|Inventor(s):||Chang; Chin-Ming (Tustin, CA), Beck; Gary J. (Fullerton, CA), Pratt; Cynthia C. (Mission Viejo, CA), Batoosingh; Amy L. (Mission Viejo, CA)|
|Assignee:||Allergan, Inc. (Irvine, CA)|
1. A composition comprising about 0.2% timolol by weight and about 0.5% brimonidine by weight as the sole active agents, in a single composition.
2. The composition of claim 1 further comprising from 0.001% to 0.01% benzalkonium chloride.
3. The composition of claim 2 comprising about 0.005% benzalkonium chloride.
4. An article of manufacture comprising packaging material and a composition within said packaging material, wherein said composition comprises about 0.2% timolol by weight and about 0.5% brimonidine by weight, in a single composition, and wherein said packaging indicates that the composition is useful for treating glaucoma or ocular hypertension by twice a day topical administration of the composition to a person's eye.
5. The article of manufacture of claim 4 wherein the composition further comprises from 0.001% to 0.01% benzalkonium chloride.
6. The article of manufacture of claim 5 wherein the composition further comprises about 0.005% benzalkonium chloride.