Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Vaginally administrable progesterone-containing tablets and method for preparing same|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides a method for preparing a tablet for the vaginal administration of progesterone for systemic use. The method comprises first mixing water with micronized progesterone, the total amount of water mixed with said micronized progesterone not exceeding the maximum wetting capacity of the micronized progesterone, drying the wetted, micronized progesterone; mixing the dry micronized progesterone with other pharmaceutically acceptable excipients or diluents; and; forming a tablet by direct compaction of the dry micronized progesterone. Tablets prepared by this method are also provided.|
|Inventor(s):||Jossifoff; Azariah (Ramat Gan, IL)|
|Assignee:||Ferring B.V. (Hoofddorp, NL)|
1. A method of delivering progesterone to a female patient, comprising placing in the vagina of said patient a tablet consisting of natural progesterone,
pharmaceutically acceptable excipients, and an effervescent, wherein said tablet is prepared by the steps of: (i) mixing water with natural progesterone to obtain wetted natural progesterone in the absence of pharmaceutically acceptable excipients; and
drying said wetted natural progesterone to form dry progesterone; (ii) mixing said dry natural progesterone with (a) pharmaceutically acceptable excipients and (b) an effervescent to form a mixture; and (iii) forming said tablet in dry form by direct
compaction of said mixture, and retaining said tablet in said vagina until the tablet dissolves, wherein the tablet provides a T.sub.max from 3.05 hours to 9.75 hours after said tablet is placed in the vagina.
2. A method according to claim 1, wherein the progesterone in said tablet is present in an amount of at least about 50 mg.
3. A method according to claim 1, wherein said placing of said tablet is effected as part of a twice daily dosing regimen.
4. A method of delivering progesterone to a female patient, which method comprises (a) placing in the vagina of the patient a vaginal tablet consisting of micronized natural progesterone as the active ingredient, pharmaceutically acceptable excipients, and an effervescent; and (b) permitting the tablet to dissolve in the vagina, the tablet providing a T.sub.max from 3.05 hours to 9.75 hours after said tablet is placed in the vagina.
5. A method according to claim 4, wherein the progesterone in said tablet is present in an amount of at least 50 mg.
6. A method according to claim 4, wherein said placing of said tablet is effected as part of a twice daily dosing regimen.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.