Generated: April 23, 2017
|Title:||Carvedilol phosphate salts and/or solvates thereof, corresponding compositions and/or methods of treatment|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to carvedilol phosphate salts, which include novel crystalline forms of carvedilol dihydrogen phosphate (i.e., dihydrogen phosphate salt of 1-(carbazol-4-yloxy-3-[[2-(o-methoxyphenoxy)ethyl]amino]-2-propanol) and/or carvedilol hydrogen phosphate, etc.), and/or solvates thereof, compositions containing the aforementioned salts and/or solvates, and methods of using the aforementioned salts and/or solvates to treat hypertension, congestive heart failure and angina, etc.|
|Inventor(s):||Brook; Christopher S. (King of Prussia, PA), Chen; Wei (Woodbury, MN), Spoors; Paul G. (King of Prussia, PA)|
|Assignee:||SB Pharmco Puerto Rico Inc. (Hato Rey, PR)|
1. A compound which is crystalline carvedilol dihydrogen phosphate hemihydrate.
2. The compound according to claim 1 having an x-ray diffraction pattern which comprises characteristic peaks in degrees two-theta as shown in FIG. 1.
3. The compound according to claim 2 having characteristic peaks from 0.degree. degrees 2-theta (2.theta.) to 35.degree. degrees 2-theta (2.theta.) at about 7.0.+-.0.2 (2.theta.), 11.4.+-.0.2 (2.theta.), 15.9.+-.0.2 (2.theta.), 18.8.+-.0.2 (2.theta.), 20.6.+-.0.2 (2.theta.), 22.8.+-.0.2 (2.theta.), and 25.4.+-.0.2 (2.theta.).
4. The compound according to claim 1 having an infrared spectrum which comprises characteristic absorption bands expressed in wave numbers as shown in FIG. 6.
5. The compound according to claim 1 having a Raman spectrum which comprises characteristic peaks as shown in FIG. 3.
6. A pharmaceutical composition comprising the compound according to claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
7. A method of treating hypertension, congestive heart failure or angina which comprises administering to a subject in need thereof an effective amount of the compound according to claim 1.
8. A method of treating hypertension, congestive heart failure or angina which comprises administering to a subject in need thereof an effective amount of the composition according to claim 6.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.