Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Applicator for coloring antiseptic|
|Abstract:||An applicator usable to color antiseptics is provided. In one embodiment of the present invention, the applicator includes a flexible hollow body containing antiseptic to be applied. The applicator also has a porous element containing colorant positioned such that the antiseptic flows through the porous element containing colorant. Colorant is transferred to the antiseptic as it flows through the porous element. The resulting colored solution may be applied to the desired surface.|
|Inventor(s):||Tufts; Scott A. (El Paso, TX), Flores; Jesus (El Paso, TX), Buzman; Manuel (El Paso, TX)|
|Assignee:||Enturia, Inc. (Leawood, KS)|
1. An applicator for applying a desired antiseptic to a surface, the applicator comprising: an antiseptic comprising chlorhexidine
gluconate; at least one hollow body defining an internal chamber adapted to contain the antiseptic; and at least one porous element that contains colorant, wherein the porous element positioned such that the antiseptic flows through the porous element
and colorant is transferred to the antiseptic to be applied.
2. The applicator as recited in claim 1, wherein the porous element is a porous pad.
3. The applicator as recited in claim 1, the porous element is a porous plug.
4. The applicator recited in claim 1, wherein the porous element is one of a foam and felt material.
5. The applicator recited in claim 1, wherein the colorant changes the hue of the antiseptic.
6. The applicator recited in claim 1, wherein the colorant adds hue to the antiseptic.
7. The applicator of claim 1, wherein the colorant is one of a tint, dye, pigment and paint.
8. The applicator of claim 7, wherein the colorant is a dye.
9. The applicator of claim 8, wherein the colorant is FD&C Green #3 dye.
10. The applicator of claim 1, wherein the porous element is imbibed with colorant.
11. The applicator of claim 1, wherein the colorant is located on the surface of a porous element.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.