DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,229,607
|Title:||Treatment of respiratory disease|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical composition for pulmonary delivery comprises glycopyrrolate in a controlled release formulation, wherein, on administration, the glycopyrrolate exerts its pharmacological effect over a period greater than 12 hours.|
|Inventor(s):||Bannister; Robin Mark (Essex, GB), Richards; Andrew John McGlashan (Cambridge, GB), Gilbert; Julian Clive (Essex, GB), Morton; David A. V. (Bath, GB), Staniforth; John (Bath, GB)|
|Assignee:||Sosei R&D Ltd (GB)|
1. A method for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in a patient suffering from said disease, which comprises pulmonary delivery to said patient of
a dry powder composition comprising microparticles of glycopyrrolate, wherein the composition is formulated so that one unit dose enables the glycopyrrolate to exert its pharmacological effect over a period of greater than 20 hours.
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein the microparticles have a mass median aerodynamic diameter of less than 30 .mu.m.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein the composition additionally comprises large carrier particles.
4. The method according to claim 3, wherein the large carrier particles are lactose particles having a mass median aerodynamic diameter of greater than 90 .mu.m.
5. The method, according to claim 1, wherein the composition further comprises a hydrophobic material.
6. The method, according to claim 5, wherein the hydrophobic material is magnesium stearate.
7. The method, according to claim 1, wherein a dose of less than 1 mg is administered to the patient.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.