Generated: May 25, 2017
|Abstract:||Compositions comprising ziprasidone free base or a difficult to wet pharmaceutically acceptable ziprasidone acid addition salt, a polysorbate, and colloidal silicon dioxide form good aqueous suspensions having a useful shelf life and are easily re-suspended if setting occurs.|
|Inventor(s):||Arenson; Daniel R. (East Lyme, CT), Qi; Hong (Northbrook, IL)|
|Assignee:||Pfizer Inc. (New York, NY)|
1. A composition comprising ziprasidone hydrochloride, water, from about 0.05 to about 0.3 weight % of a polysorbate 80, from about 0.01 to about 10 weight % of xanthan gum,
and from about 0.05 to about 2.0 weight % of colloidal silicon dioxide.
2. The composition as defined in claim 1 further comprising from about 0.5 to about 2.0 weight % of a taste masking agent selected from the group consisting of an alkali metal chloride and an alkaline earth metal chloride.
3. The composition as defined in claim 2, wherein said alkali metal chloride is selected from the group consisting of sodium chloride, potassium chloride, and lithium chloride.
4. The composition as defined in claim 3, wherein said alkali metal chloride is sodium chloride.
5. The composition as defined in claim 2, wherein said alkaline earth metal chloride is magnesium chloride or calcium chloride.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.