|Abstract:||Compositions comprising ziprasidone free base or a difficult to wet pharmaceutically acceptable ziprasidone acid addition salt, a polysorbate, and colloidal silicon dioxide form good aqueous suspensions having a useful shelf life and are easily re-suspended if setting occurs.|
|Inventor(s):||Arenson; Daniel R. (East Lyme, CT), Qi; Hong (Northbrook, IL)|
|Assignee:||Pfizer Inc. (New York, NY)|
1. A composition comprising ziprasidone hydrochloride, water, from about 0.05 to about 0.3 weight % of a polysorbate 80, from about 0.01 to about 10 weight % of xanthan gum,
and from about 0.05 to about 2.0 weight % of colloidal silicon dioxide.
2. The composition as defined in claim 1 further comprising from about 0.5 to about 2.0 weight % of a taste masking agent selected from the group consisting of an alkali metal chloride and an alkaline earth metal chloride.
3. The composition as defined in claim 2, wherein said alkali metal chloride is selected from the group consisting of sodium chloride, potassium chloride, and lithium chloride.
4. The composition as defined in claim 3, wherein said alkali metal chloride is sodium chloride.
5. The composition as defined in claim 2, wherein said alkaline earth metal chloride is magnesium chloride or calcium chloride.