DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,148,211
|Title:||Formulation for lipophilic agents|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to pharmaceutical formulations of lipophilic therapeutic agents in which such agents are solubilized in largely aqueous vehicles, and processes for preparing and using the same.|
|Inventor(s):||Mazess; Richard B. (Madison, WI), Driscoll; Jeffrey W. (Middleton, WI), Goldensoph; Creighton Reed (DeForest, WI), LeVan; Leon W. (Oregon, WI)|
|Assignee:||Genzyme Corporation (Cambridge, MA)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 7,148,211|
1. A parenteral formulation, comprising a lipophilic drug which is doxercalciferol, a non-ionic solubilizer which is polysorbate 20 present at a concentration of about
0.05% to about 5% w/w, a lipophilic antioxidant which is butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) present at a concentration of about 20 to about 2000 ppm, an optional agent which is ethanol present at a concentration of 0 to 30% w/w, and an aqueous vehicle.
2. A formulation as set forth in claim 1, wherein the optional agent is present in a concentration of 0% to about 10% w/w.
3. A formulalion as set forth in claim 1, wherein the optional agent is present in a concentration of about 1% to about 3% w/w.
4. A formulation as set forth in claim 1, wherein the non-ionic solubilizer includes 0.5% 2.5% w/w polysorbate 20, the lipophilic antioxidant includes 20 ppm BHT and the optional agent includes 2.5% w/w ethanol.
5. A formulation as set forth in claim 1, wherein the doxercalciferol is present at a concentration of 2 10 .mu.g/mL.
6. A parenteral formulation suitable for treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism comprising 2 10 .mu.g/mL of doxercalciferol 0.5% 2.5% w/w polysorbate 20, 20 ppm BHT and 2.5% w/w ethanol.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.