DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,030,152
|Title:||Systematic inflammatory markers as diagnostic tools in the prevention of atherosclerotic diseases and as tools to aid in the selection of agents to be used for the prevention and treatment of atherosclerotic disease|
|Abstract:||The invention involves methods for characterizing an individual's risk profile of developing a future cardiovascular disorder by obtaining a level of the marker of systemic inflammation in the individual. The invention also involves methods for evaluating the likelihood that an individual will benefit from treatment with an agent for reducing the risk of future cardiovascular disorder.|
|Inventor(s):||Ridker; Paul (Chestnut Hill, MA), Hennekens; Charles H. (Boca Raton, FL)|
|Assignee:||The Brigham and Women's Hospital, Inc. (Boston, MA)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 7,030,152|
1. A method for treating a nonhypercholesterolemic human in need thereof to reduce the risk of a cardiovascular disorder, comprising first selecting the human on the basis that the
human is known to have an above-normal level of C-reactive protein and on the basis that the human is known to be nonhypercholesterolemic, and then administering to the human because the human has an above-normal level of C-reactive protein a statin in
an amount effective to lower the risk of the human developing a future cardiovascular disorder.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the human is an apparently healthy, non-smoker.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the above-normal level of C-reactive protein is above 1.75 mg/l.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein the above-normal level of C-reactive protein is above 2.0 mg/l.
5. The method of claim 2 wherein the above-normal level of C-reactive protein is above 1.75 mg/l.
6. The method of claim 2 wherein the above-normal level of C-reactive protein is above 2.0 mg/l.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.