Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method for treating drug-induced constipation|
|Abstract:||Provided is a method for treating drug-induced constipation comprising a step of administering an effective amount of a 15-keto-prostaglaindin compound to a subject suffering from drug-induced constipation or a subject having a strong possibility of suffering from it. According to the present invention, a strong antagonistic action against drug-induced constipation can be obtained without substantially losing the main effect of the drug.|
|Inventor(s):||Ueno; Ryuji (Montgomery, MD)|
|Assignee:||Sucampo AG (Zug, CH)|
1. A method for treating drug-induced constipation comprising a step of administering an effective amount of 15-keto-prostaglandin compound to a subject suffering from
drug-induced constipation or in need thereof of such treatment, wherein the 15-keto-prostaglandin compound is one represented by formula (I): ##STR00006## wherein L,M and N are hydrogen, hydroxy, halogen, lower alkyl, hydroxy(lower)alkyl or oxo, wherein
at least one of L and M is a group other than hydrogen, and the five-membered ring may have at least one double bond; A is --CH.sub.2OH, --COCH.sub.2OH, --COOH or a functional derivative thereof; B is --CH.sub.2--CH.sub.2--, --CH.dbd.CH-- or
--C.ident.C--; R.sub.1 is a saturated or unsaturated bivalent lower or medium aliphatic hydrocarbon residue, which is unsubstituted or substituted with halogen, alkyl, hydroxy, oxo, aryl or heterocyclic group and at least one carbon atom in the
aliphatic hydrocarbon is optionally substituted by oxygen, nitrogen or sulfur; and Ra is a saturated or unsaturated lower or medium aliphatic hydrocarbon residue, which is unsubstituted or substituted with halogen, oxo, hydroxy, lower alkoxy, lower
alkanoyloxy, cyclo(lower)alkyl, cyclo(lower)alkyloxy, aryl, aryloxy, heterocyclic group or heterocyclic-oxy group; cyclo(lower)alkyl; cyclo(lower)alkyloxy; aryl; aryloxy; heterocyclic group; heterocyclic-oxy group.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the 15-keto-prostaglandin compound is a 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-prostaglandin compound.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the 15-keto-prostaglandin compound is a 15-keto-16-mono- or di-halogen-prostaglandin compound.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the 15-keto-prostaglandin compound is a 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-16-mono- or di-halogen-prostaglandin compound.
5. The method of claim 2, wherein the 15-keto-prostaglandin compound is a 15-keto-16-mono- or di-fluoro-prostaglandin compound.
6. The method of claim 2, wherein the 15-keto prostaglandin compound is a 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-16-mono- or di-fluoro-prostaglandin compound.
7. The method of claim 2, wherein the 15-keto-prostaglandin compound is a 15-keto-prostaglandin E compound.
8. The method of claim 2, wherein the 15-keto-prostaglandin compound is 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-16, 16-difluoro-prostaglandin E.sub.1.
9. The method of claim 2, wherein the drug inducing constipation is an opioid compound.
10. The method of claim 9, wherein the opioid compound is a morphine compound or a codeine compound.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein the drug inducing constipation is an anticholinergic drug.
12. The method of claim 11, wherein the anticholinergic drug is a tricyclic antidepressant.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.