Claims for Patent: 6,982,096
✉ Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
▶ Start for $100
Remove trial restrictions
Summary for Patent: 6,982,096
|Title:||Process for producing arsenic trioxide formulations and methods for treating cancer using arsenic trioxide or melarsoprol|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to the use of arsenic compounds to treat a variety of leukemia, lymphoma and solid tumors. Further, the arsenic compounds may be used in combination with other therapeutic agents, such as a retinoid. The invention also provides a process for producing arsenic trioxide formulations.|
|Inventor(s):||Warrell, Jr.; Raymond P. (Westfield, NJ), Pandolfi; Pier Paolo (New York, NY), Gabrilove; Janice L. (New York, NY)|
|Assignee:||Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (New York, NY)|
1. A method for treating cancer, comprising determining the weight of a patient diagnosed with cancer, determining a therapeutically effective dosage amount of arsenic
trioxide based upon said weight of said patient, and administering said therapeutically effective dosage amount to said patient.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said cancer is a hematological cancer.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein said cancer is a leukemia.
4. A method for determining a dose of arsenic trioxide to treat cancer, comprising determining the weight of a patient diagnosed with cancer and determining a therapeutically effective dosage amount of said arsenic trioxide based upon said weight of said patient.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein said cancer is a hematological cancer.
6. The method of claim 4, wherein said cancer is a leukemia.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.