Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Compositions comprising phosphodiesterase inhabitors for the treatment of sexual disfunction|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to highly selective phosphodieterase (PDE) enzyme inhibitors and to their use in pharmaceutical articles of manufacture. In particular, the present invention relates to potent inhibitors of cyclic guanosine 3',5'-monophosphate specific phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) that when incorporated into a pharmaceutical product at about 1 to about 20 mg unit dosage are useful for the treatment of sexual dysfunction.|
|Inventor(s):||Pullman; William Ernest (Far Hills, NJ), Whitaker; John Steven (Woodinville, WA)|
|Assignee:||Lilly ICOS LLC. (Wilmington, DE)|
1. A method of treating sexual dysfunction in a patient in need thereof comprising orally administering one or more unit dose containing about 1 to about 20 mg, up to a
maximum total dose of 20 mg per day, of a compound having the structure ##STR3##
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the sexual dysfunction is male erectile dysfunction.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the sexual dysfunction is female arousal disorder.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein the unit dose contains about 2 to about 20 mg of the compound.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein the unit dose contains about 5 mg of the compound.
6. The method of claim 1 wherein the unit dose contains about 10 mg of the compound and is administered once per day.
7. The method of claim 1 wherein the unit dose is in a form selected from the group consisting of a liquid, a tablet, a capsule, and a gelcap.
8. The method of claim 1 wherein the unit dose contains about 2.5 mg of the compound.
9. The method of claim 8 wherein the unit dose is administered once per day.
10. The method of claim 5 wherein the unit dose is administered once per day.
11. The method of claim 1 wherein the compound is administered as a free drug.
12. The method of claim 1 wherein the unit dose contains about 20 mg of the compound.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.