DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 6,933,310
|Title:||Therapeutic agent for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)|
|Abstract:||An object of the present invention is to provide a novel medicament with which motor neuron diseases can be treated. According to the present invention, there is provided a therapeutic agent for motor neuron diseases which comprises 3-methyl-1-phenyl-2-pirazoline-5-on or physiologically acceptable salts thereof as an active ingredient.|
|Inventor(s):||Ikeda; Ken (Tokyo, JP)|
|Assignee:||Mitsubishi Pharma Corporation (Osaka, JP)|
1. A method for treating motor neuron diseases consisting essentially of administering an effective amount of 3-methyl-1-phenyl-2-pyrazoline-5-one or a physiologically
acceptable salt thereof to a patient.
2. The treatment method according to claim 1 wherein the progress of motor neuron diseases is delayed.
3. The treatment method according to claim 1 wherein the motor neuron disease is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), spinal muscle atrophy (SMA), progressive bulbar palsy, or primary lateral sclerosis (PLS).
4. The treatment method according to claim 1 wherein the motor neuron disease is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
5. A method for enhancing motor neurons consisting essentially of administering an effective amount of 3-methyl-1-phenyl-2-pyrazoline-5-one or a physiologically acceptable salt thereof to a patient.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.