Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||2-oxo-1-pyrrolidine derivatives, processes for preparing them and their uses|
|Abstract:||The invention concerns 2-oxo-1-pyrrolidine derivatives of formula I, ##STR1## wherein the substituents are as defined in the specification, as well as their use as pharmaceuticals. The compounds of the invention are particularly suited for treating neurological disorders such as epilepsy.|
|Inventor(s):||Differding; Edmond (Louvain-la Neuve, BE), Kenda; Benoit (Emines, BE), Lallemand; Benedicte (Waimes, BE), Matagne; Alain (Gerpinnes, BE), Michel; Philippe (Beersel, BE), Pasau; Patrick (Chastre, BE), Talaga; Patrice (Watermael-Boitsfort, BE)|
|Assignee:||UCB, S.A. (Brussels, BE)|
1. (4R) and (4S) diastereoisomers of (2S)-2-[2-oxy-4-propylpyrrolidinyl]butanamide or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
2. A pharmaceutical composition comprising an effective amount of a compound according to claim 1 in combination with a pharmaceutically acceptable diluent or carrier.
3. A method for treating epilepsy, epileptogenesis, seizure disorders, convulsions, bipolar disorders, mania, depression, anxiety, migraine, neuralgia, chronic pain, neuropathic pain, cerebral ischemia, cardiac arrhythmia, myotonia, cocaine abuse, stroke, myoclonus, essential tremor, neonatal cerebral haemorrhage, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, spasticity, Parkinson's disease, bronchial asthma, asthmatic status and allergic bronchitis, asthmatic syndrome, bronchial hyperreactivity and bronchospastic syndromes as well as allergic and vasomotor rhinitis and rhinoconjunctivitis, in a mammal in need of such treatment, comprising administering a therapeutic dose of at least one compound according to claim 1.
4. The method according to claim 3, wherein the condition to be treated is epilepsy, neuropathic pain, bipolar disorder or migraine.
5. (2S)-2-[(4R)-2-oxo-4-propylpyrrolidinyl]butanamide or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.