DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 6,911,461
|Title:||2-oxo-1-pyrrolidine derivatives, processes for preparing them and their uses|
|Abstract:||The invention concerns 2-oxo-1-pyrrolidine derivatives of formula I, ##STR1## wherein the substituents are as defined in the specification, as well as their use as pharmaceuticals. The compounds of the invention are particularly suited for treating neurological disorders such as epilepsy.|
|Inventor(s):||Differding; Edmond (Louvain-la Neuve, BE), Kenda; Benoit (Emines, BE), Lallemand; Benedicte (Waimes, BE), Matagne; Alain (Gerpinnes, BE), Michel; Philippe (Beersel, BE), Pasau; Patrick (Chastre, BE), Talaga; Patrice (Watermael-Boitsfort, BE)|
|Assignee:||UCB, S.A. (Brussels, BE)|
1. (4R) and (4S) diastereoisomers of (2S)-2-[2-oxy-4-propylpyrrolidinyl]butanamide or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
2. A pharmaceutical composition comprising an effective amount of a compound according to claim 1 in combination with a pharmaceutically acceptable diluent or carrier.
3. A method for treating epilepsy, epileptogenesis, seizure disorders, convulsions, bipolar disorders, mania, depression, anxiety, migraine, neuralgia, chronic pain, neuropathic pain, cerebral ischemia, cardiac arrhythmia, myotonia, cocaine abuse, stroke, myoclonus, essential tremor, neonatal cerebral haemorrhage, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, spasticity, Parkinson's disease, bronchial asthma, asthmatic status and allergic bronchitis, asthmatic syndrome, bronchial hyperreactivity and bronchospastic syndromes as well as allergic and vasomotor rhinitis and rhinoconjunctivitis, in a mammal in need of such treatment, comprising administering a therapeutic dose of at least one compound according to claim 1.
4. The method according to claim 3, wherein the condition to be treated is epilepsy, neuropathic pain, bipolar disorder or migraine.
5. (2S)-2-[(4R)-2-oxo-4-propylpyrrolidinyl]butanamide or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally: