Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Local anesthetic methods and kits|
|Abstract:||Methods of reversing local anesthesia are disclosed. The methods comprise administering a local anesthetic and alpha adrenergic receptor agonist to induce local anesthesia followed by reversing anesthesia with a low dose of an alpha adrenergic receptor antagonist. Also disclosed are kits comprising a local anesthetic, an alpha adrenergic receptor agonist and a low dose of an alpha adrenergic receptor antagonist.|
|Inventor(s):||Weber; Eckard (San Diego, CA), Katz; Howard I. (La Jolla, CA)|
|Assignee:||Novalar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (DE)|
1. A solution comprising phentolamine mesylate at a concentration of from about 0.001 mg/ml to about 0.25 mg/ml, wherein said solution is effective to reverse anesthesia in an
animal caused by previous administration of an anesthetic agent and an alpha adrenergic receptor agonist, said solution being present in a container that fits into a standard dental local anesthetic syringe.
2. The solution of claim 1, wherein said phentolamine mesylate is present at a concentration of from about 0.05 mg/ml to about 0.1 mg/ml.
3. The solution of claim 1, wherein said container comprises a dose of phentolamine mesylate at or below about 0.25 mg.
4. The solution of claim 3, wherein said dose is at or below about 0.1 mg.
5. The solution of claim 4, wherein said dose is about 0.08 mg.
6. The solution of claim 4, wherein said dose is about 0.032 mg.
7. The solution of claim 1, wherein said container is a CARPULE.
8. The solution of claim 1, wherein said container has a volume of between 1.6 and 1.8 ml.
9. The solution of claim 1, wherein said phentolamine mesylate is at a concentration of about 0.05 mg/ml to about 0.25 mg/ml.
10. The solution of claim 1, wherein said phentolamine mesylate is at a concentration of about 0.25 mg/ml.
11. The solution of claim 1, wherein said container comprises a dose of phentolamine mesylate of between about 0.0018 mg to about 0.45 mg.
12. The solution of claim 1, wherein said dose is between about 0.09 mg to about 0.45 mg.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.