Generated: May 24, 2017
|Title:||Method of treating eye infections with azithromycin|
|Abstract:||The invention features methods and compositions for treating ocular infections. The method comprises topically administering to an eye of an animal in need of such treatment an ocular infection-treating amount of azithromycin.|
|Inventor(s):||Ahmed; Imran (East Lyme, CT)|
|Assignee:||Pfizer, Inc. (New York, NY)|
1. A method of treating an ocular infection, comprising topically administering to an eye of an animal in need of such treatment an ocular infection-treating amount of
2. A method as defined in claim 1 wherein said azithromycin is present in a composition comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable topical vehicle at a concentration of from 0.1 to 2.5 weight percent.
3. A method as defined in claim 2, wherein said composition is administered once daily.
4. A method as defined in claim 1, wherein said animal is a human.
5. A method as defined in claim 2, wherein said azithromycin concentration is from 0.2 to 2.0 weight %.
6. A method as defined in claim 5, wherein said azithromycin concentration is 0.5 weight %.
7. A method as defined in claim 1, wherein said azithromycin is in the form of the dihydrate.
8. A method as defined in claim 1, wherein said ocular infection is trachoma.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.