Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Taste masked liquid pharmaceutical compositions|
|Abstract:||This invention is directed to a taste masked liquid pharmaceutical composition comprising a pharmaceutically active agent and a taste masking composition. In particular, the taste masking composition comprises a taste masking effective amount of an artificial sweetener.|
|Inventor(s):||Ulrich; Stephen A. (Cherry Hill, NJ), Zimm; Karen R. (Stockton, NJ), Francois; Marc Karel Jozef (Kapellen, BE), Dries; Willy Maria Albert Carlo (Merksplas, BE)|
|Assignee:||Ortho -McNeil Pharmaceutical, Inc. (Raritan, NJ)|
1. A taste-masked oral pharmaceutical solution comprising a quinolone-carboxylic acid antibiotic and a taste masking composition, said taste masking composition comprising
from about 0.05 to about 2.5 grams of sucralose per 100 ml of the solution, up to about 120 grams of a sugar sweetener per 100 ml of the solution, and at least one flavoring agent.
2. The solution of claim 1, wherein the flavoring agent is selected from the group consisting of natural flavors, natural fruit flavors, artificial flavors, artificial fruit flavors, flavor enhancers and mixtures thereof.
3. The solution of claim 1 comprising at least two flavoring agents.
4. The solution of claim 1, wherein the sugar sweetener is sucrose.
5. The solution of claim 4, wherein the sugar sweetener further comprises glycerin.
6. The solution of claim 1, wherein the sugar sweetener is present in an amount of from about 50 grams to about 110 grams per 100 ml of the solution.
7. The solution of claim 1 further comprising a debittering agent.
8. The solution of claim 1, wherein the quinolone-carboxylic acid antibiotic is levofloxacin.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.