Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||The present invention is related to an ophthalmic composition comprising ketotifen as a pharmaceutically active agent.|
|Inventor(s):||Adam; Marcia Johanna (Gisikon, CH), Fetz; Andrea (Wetzikon, CH), Kis; Gyorgy Lajos (Triboltingen, CH)|
|Assignee:||Novartis AG (Basel, CH)|
1. A method for treating allergic conjunctivitis, comprising administering to a subject suffering from or susceptible to allergic conjunctivitis an effective amount of an
ophthalmic composition comprising about 0.01 to about 0.04% by weight of a ketotifen salt, a non ionic tonicity agent in an amount such that the total tonicity of the composition has an osmolarity in the range of 210 to 290 milliosmoles, a preservative,
and water, wherein the pH of the composition is between 4.4 and 5.8.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the ketotifen salt is ketotifen fumarate.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the concentration of the ketotifen salt is 0.03 to 0.04% by weight.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the non-ionic tonicity agent is glycerol.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein said glycerol is present in an amount of 1.5 to 2.5% by weight.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein said preservative is benzalkonium chloride.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein said ophthalmic composition consists essentially of ketotifen fumarate in a concentration between 0.03 and 0.04% by weight, glycerol in a concentration of 2 to 2.5% by weight, benzalkonium chloride in a concentration between 0.005 and 0.02% by weight, and water.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein said ophthalmic composition is administered twice per day.
9. The method of claim 8, wherein one drop of said ophthalmic composition is administered twice per day.
10. The method of claim 3, wherein said ophthalmic composition is administered twice per day.
11. The method of claim 10, wherein one drop of said ophthalmic composition is administered twice per day.
12. The method of claim 7, wherein said ophthalmic composition is administered twice per day.
13. The method of claim 12, wherein one drop of said ophthalmic composition is administered twice per day.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.