Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||N-formyl derivatives of paroxetine|
|Abstract:||A compound or composition comprising N-formyl paroxetine of formula (1) is useful as a pharmaceutical and as a synthetic intermediate. The N-formyl paroxetine can be an impurity in paroxetine substances and methods of assaying for such an impurity are also useful. ##STR1##|
|Inventor(s):||Hoorn; Hans J. (Nijmegen, NL), Peters; Theodorus H. A. (Nijmegen, NL), Picha; Frantisek (Brno, CZ)|
|Assignee:||Synthon BCT Technologies, LLC (Chapel Hill, NC)|
1. A substantially pure and isolated N-formyl paroxetine of formula (1) ##STR14##
2. The compound according to claim 1, wherein said compound is in the form of an oil.
3. The compound according to claim 1, wherein said compound contains not greater than 10% impurities.
4. The compound according to claim 1, wherein said N-formyl paroxetine is the trans-3S, 4R enantiomer.
5. A composition which comprises an N-formyl paroxetine of formule (1). ##STR15##
and 0.1% to 99.97% of a paroxetine compound, based on the combined weight of said N-formyl paroxetine and said paroxetine compound.
6. The composition according to claim 5, which comprises 1% to 99.89% of said paroxetine compound.
7. The composition according to claim 6, which comprises 1% to 99.8% of said paroxetine compound.
8. The composition according to claim 7, which comprises 10% to 99.7% of said paroxetine compound.
9. The composition according to claim 5, wherein said paroxetine compound is selected from the group consisting of paroxetine, paroxetine hydrochloride, paroxetine maleate, paroxetine acetate, and paroxetine mesylate.
10. The composition according to claim 5, which further comprises a pharmaceutically acceptable excipient.
11. The composition according to claim 10, wherein said at least one excipient comprises a calcium phosphate.
12. A pharmaceutical composition for treating a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor-treatable disease or condition, comprising an effective amount of a paroxetine agent and at least one pharmaceutically acceptable excipient, wherein said paroxetine agent consists of an N-formyl paroxetine compound of formula (1) and 0 to 99,97 % of a paroxetine compound, based on the combined weight of said N-formyl paroxetine and said paroxetine compound: ##STR16##
13. A composition comprising a N-formyl Paroxetine of formula (1), ##STR17##
0 to 99.97% of a paroxetine compound, based on the combined weight of said N-formyl paroxetine and said paroxetine compound, and at least one ingredient selected from the group consisting of binders, fillers, carriers, preservatives, and combinations thereof.
14. The composition according to claim 13, wherein said composition contains 0 to 5% of paroxetine compound.
15. The composition according to claim 13, wherein said composition is in a liquid form.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.