Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Abstract:||The present invention discloses a regimen for the treatment of type 2 diabetes, in which the endogenous secretion of insulin is stimulated in connection with meals, by administering a short-acting, oral hypoglycemic agent. Also, the present invention discloses a method of achieving improvement in glycemic control by combined use of repaglinide and metformin in NIDDM patients poorly controlled on metformin alone.|
|Inventor(s):||Muller; Peter Gi.o slashed.rtz (Princeton Junction, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Novo Nordisk A/S (Bagsvaerd, DK)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising repaglinide and metformin together with a suitable carrier.
2. A pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 provided in the form of a tablet.
3. A pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 provided in the form of a capsule.
4. A method for treating non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) comprising administering to a patient in need of such treatment repaglinide in combination with metformin.
5. A kit for use in the treatment of a patient having non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM), said kit comprising an amount of repaglinide formulated for administration to said patient and an amount of metformin formulated for administration to said patient.