|Abstract:||The present invention discloses a regimen for the treatment of type 2 diabetes, in which the endogenous secretion of insulin is stimulated in connection with meals, by administering a short-acting, oral hypoglycemic agent. Also, the present invention discloses a method of achieving improvement in glycemic control by combined use of repaglinide and metformin in NIDDM patients poorly controlled on metformin alone.|
|Inventor(s):||Muller; Peter Gi.o slashed.rtz (Princeton Junction, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Novo Nordisk A/S (Bagsvaerd, DK)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising repaglinide and metformin together with a suitable carrier.
2. A pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 provided in the form of a tablet.
3. A pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 provided in the form of a capsule.
4. A method for treating non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) comprising administering to a patient in need of such treatment repaglinide in combination with metformin.
5. A kit for use in the treatment of a patient having non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM), said kit comprising an amount of repaglinide formulated for administration to said patient and an amount of metformin formulated for administration to said patient.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.