DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 6,673,337
|Title:||Compositions containing alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components|
|Abstract:||Compositions useful for improving effectiveness of alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components include carrier components, alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components, solubility enhancing components which aid in solubilizing the alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components. In one embodiment, the alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components include alpha-2-adrenergic agonists. In another embodiment, the solubility enhancing components include carboxymethylcellulose.|
|Inventor(s):||Olejnik; Orest (Coto de Coza, CA), Kerslake; Edward D. S. (Charlestown, MA)|
|Assignee:||Allergan, Inc. (Irvine, CA)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 6,673,337|
1. A therapeutically effective ophthalmic composition comprising: an alpha-2-adrenergic agonist component in an amount effective to provide a therapeutic benefit to a patient
to whom the composition is administered; and a solubility enhancing component other than a cyclodextrin in an amount effective to increase the solubility of the alpha-2-adrenergic agonist component in the composition relataive to the solubility of an
identical alpha-2-adrenergic agonist component in a similar composition without the solubility enhancing component.
2. The composition of claim 1 wherein the alpha-2-adrenergic component is selected from the group consisting of imino-imidazolines, imidazolines, imidazoles, azepines, thiazines, oxazolines, guanidines, catecholamines, derivatives thereof, and mixtures thereof.
3. The composition of claim 1 wherein the therapeutically active component includes a quinoxaline component.
4. The composition of claim 3 wherein the quinoxaline component is selected from the group consisting of quinoxaline, derivatives thereof, and mixtures thereof.
5. The composition of claim 1 wherein said solubility enhancing component comprises an anionic polymer.
6. The composition of claim 1 wherein the solubility enhancing component is effective to increase the solubility in a biological environment of the alpha-2-adrenergic agonist component relative to the solubility in a biological environment of an identical alpha-2-adrenergic agonist component in a similar composition without the solubility enhancing component.
7. The composition of claim 6 wherein the solubility enhancing component comprises an anionic polymer.
8. The composition of claim 3 wherein said solubility enhancing component comprisers an anionic polymer.
9. The composition of claim 1 which further comprises an effective amount of a preservative.
10. The composition of claim 6 which further comprises an effective amount of a preservative.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.