Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Hard capsule formed of cellulose ether film with a specific content of methoxyl and hydroxypropoxyl groups|
|Abstract:||A cellulose ether film is formed of a composition comprising a cellulose ether as a base in which some of the hydrogen atoms of cellulosic hydroxyl groups are replaced by alkyl groups and/or hydroxyalkyl groups, a gelling agent, and a gelling aid. The total content of alkoxyl and hydroxyalkoxyl groups in the cellulose ether is limited to 23-37.6% by weight, which is effective for preventing the gelling aid from precipitating out and maintaining a favorable outer appearance during long-term storage.|
|Inventor(s):||Matsuura; Seinosuke (Kyoto, JP), Tanjoh; Masaru (Sakurai, JP)|
|Assignee:||Shionogi Qualicaps Co., Ltd. (Yamatokoriyama, JP)|
1. A hard capsule formed of a film composition comprising a hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose as a base, a gelling agent, and a gelling aid, wherein said hydroxypropyl methyl
cellulose has a content of hydroxypropoxyl groups of at least 4% by weight of the hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose and a content of methoxyl groups and hydroxypropoxyl groups combined of 23 to 37.6% by weight of the hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose.
2. The hard capsule formed of a film of claim 1, wherein said composition contains 100 parts by weight of the hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, 0.05 to 25 parts by weight of the gelling agent, and 0.05 to 25 parts by weight of the gelling aid.
3. The hard capsule formed of a film of claim 1, wherein the gelling agent is selected from the group consisting of carrageenan, tamarind seed polysaccharide, pectin, curdlan, furcellaran, gellan gum, and mixtures thereof.
4. The hard capsule formed of a film of claim 1, wherein the content of methoxyl and hydroxypropoxyl groups combined is 29 to 37% by weight of the hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose.
5. The hard capsule formed of a film of claim 1 or 4, wherein the gelling aid is selected from the group consisting of a potassium ion, calcium ion, ammonium ion, and mixtures thereof.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.