DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 6,649,180
|Title:||Hard capsule formed of cellulose ether film with a specific content of methoxyl and hydroxypropoxyl groups|
|Abstract:||A cellulose ether film is formed of a composition comprising a cellulose ether as a base in which some of the hydrogen atoms of cellulosic hydroxyl groups are replaced by alkyl groups and/or hydroxyalkyl groups, a gelling agent, and a gelling aid. The total content of alkoxyl and hydroxyalkoxyl groups in the cellulose ether is limited to 23-37.6% by weight, which is effective for preventing the gelling aid from precipitating out and maintaining a favorable outer appearance during long-term storage.|
|Inventor(s):||Matsuura; Seinosuke (Kyoto, JP), Tanjoh; Masaru (Sakurai, JP)|
|Assignee:||Shionogi Qualicaps Co., Ltd. (Yamatokoriyama, JP)|
1. A hard capsule formed of a film composition comprising a hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose as a base, a gelling agent, and a gelling aid, wherein said hydroxypropyl methyl
cellulose has a content of hydroxypropoxyl groups of at least 4% by weight of the hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose and a content of methoxyl groups and hydroxypropoxyl groups combined of 23 to 37.6% by weight of the hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose.
2. The hard capsule formed of a film of claim 1, wherein said composition contains 100 parts by weight of the hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, 0.05 to 25 parts by weight of the gelling agent, and 0.05 to 25 parts by weight of the gelling aid.
3. The hard capsule formed of a film of claim 1, wherein the gelling agent is selected from the group consisting of carrageenan, tamarind seed polysaccharide, pectin, curdlan, furcellaran, gellan gum, and mixtures thereof.
4. The hard capsule formed of a film of claim 1, wherein the content of methoxyl and hydroxypropoxyl groups combined is 29 to 37% by weight of the hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose.
5. The hard capsule formed of a film of claim 1 or 4, wherein the gelling aid is selected from the group consisting of a potassium ion, calcium ion, ammonium ion, and mixtures thereof.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally: