Generated: May 26, 2017
|Abstract:||A tablet composition containing N-(trans-4-isopropylcyclohexanecarbonyl)-D-phenylalanine and low substituted hydroxypropylcellulose is disclosed. This tablet composition is rapidly disintegrated in the stomach after the administration and absorbed without being influenced by meals to inhibit the rise of the blood sugar levels of diabetics after meals.|
|Inventor(s):||Yabuki; Akira (Kawasaki, JP), Kaida; Masato (Kawasaki, JP), Ando; Takahiko (Kawasaki, JP), Ninomiya; Nobutaka (Kawasaki, JP), Ozaki; Masanao (Kawasaki, JP)|
|Assignee:||Ajinomoto Co., Inc. (Tokyo, JP)|
1. A process for preparing a tablet comprising: mixing N-(trans-4-isopropylcyclohexanecarbonyl)-D-phenylalanine and a disintegrant selected from the group consisting of low
substituted hydroxypropylcellulose, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, calcium carboxymethyl cellulose and croscaramellose sodium, to obtain a mixture, granulating said mixture with water which optionally contains a lower alcohol to obtain granules, drying
said granules, and tableting said dried granules to obtain a tablet.
2. The process of claim 1, further comprising coating said tablet to obtain a coated tablet.
3. The process of claim 1, wherein said tablet is spray coated.
4. The process of claim 3, wherein the tablet is spray coated with a coating liquid comprising hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose.
5. A tablet produced by the process of claim 1.
6. A method for inhibiting the rise of blood sugar comprising administering the tablet of claim 5 to a subject in need thereof.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.