Generated: April 23, 2017
|Title:||Pharmaceutical formulations containing voriconazole|
|Abstract:||The invention provides pharmaceutical formulation comprising voriconazole, or a pharmaceutically acceptable derivative thereof, and a sulfobutylether .beta.-cyclodextrin.|
|Inventor(s):||Harding; Valerie Denise (Sandwich, GB)|
|Assignee:||Pfizer Inc (New York, NY)|
1. A pharmaceutical formulation comprising voriconazole and a cyclodextrin derivative of formula I, ##STR4##
wherein R.sup.1a-g, R.sup.2a-g and R.sup.3a-g independently represent OH or O(CH.sub.2).sub.4 SO.sub.3 H; provided that at least one of R.sup.1a-g represents O(CH.sub.2).sub.4 SO.sub.3 H; or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof; and wherein said formulation has been lyophilized.
2. A formulation as claimed in claim 1, wherein the average number of O(CH.sub.2).sub.4 SO.sub.3 H groups per molecule of formula I is in the range 6.1-6.9.
3. A formulation as claimed in claim 1 wherein each O(CH.sub.2).sub.4 SO.sub.3 H present is in the form of an alkali metal salt.
4. A formulation as claimed in claim 1, which is adapted for parenteral administration.
5. A formulation as claimed in claim 1, wherein the cyclodextrin derivative of formula I is present in a molar ratio of voriconazole:cyclodextrin derivative of from 1:1 to 1:10.
6. A solution made by making up a lyophilized formulation, as claimed in claim 1, in water.