Generated: May 23, 2017
|Title:||Pharmaceutical formulations containing voriconazole|
|Abstract:||The invention provides pharmaceutical formulation comprising voriconazole, or a pharmaceutically acceptable derivative thereof, and a sulfobutylether .beta.-cyclodextrin.|
|Inventor(s):||Harding; Valerie Denise (Sandwich, GB)|
|Assignee:||Pfizer Inc (New York, NY)|
1. A pharmaceutical formulation comprising voriconazole and a cyclodextrin derivative of formula I, ##STR4##
wherein R.sup.1a-g, R.sup.2a-g and R.sup.3a-g independently represent OH or O(CH.sub.2).sub.4 SO.sub.3 H; provided that at least one of R.sup.1a-g represents O(CH.sub.2).sub.4 SO.sub.3 H; or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof; and wherein said formulation has been lyophilized.
2. A formulation as claimed in claim 1, wherein the average number of O(CH.sub.2).sub.4 SO.sub.3 H groups per molecule of formula I is in the range 6.1-6.9.
3. A formulation as claimed in claim 1 wherein each O(CH.sub.2).sub.4 SO.sub.3 H present is in the form of an alkali metal salt.
4. A formulation as claimed in claim 1, which is adapted for parenteral administration.
5. A formulation as claimed in claim 1, wherein the cyclodextrin derivative of formula I is present in a molar ratio of voriconazole:cyclodextrin derivative of from 1:1 to 1:10.
6. A solution made by making up a lyophilized formulation, as claimed in claim 1, in water.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.