DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 6,620,847
|Title:||Copolymer-1 improvements in compositions of copolymers|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to an improved composition of copolymer-1 comprising copolymer-1 substantially free of species having a molecular weight of over 40 kilodaltons.|
|Inventor(s):||Konfino; Eliezer (Ramat Gan, IL), Sela; Michael (Rehovot, IL), Teitelbaum; Dvora (Rehovot, IL), Arnon; Ruth (Rehovot, IL)|
|Assignee:||Yeda Research and Development Co., Ltd. (Rehovot, IL)|
1. Copolymer-1 having a molecular weight of about 4 to about 9 kilodaltons, made by a process comprising: treating trifluoroacetyl copolymer-1 with aqueous piperidine to form
a solution of copolymer-1; and purifying copolymer-1, thereby producing copolymer-1 having a molecular weight of about 4 to about 9 kilodaltons.
2. Copolymer-1 made by the process of claim 1, wherein the process further comprises reacting protected copolymer-1 with hydrobromic acid to form trifluoroacetyl copolymer-1.
3. Copoloymer-1 made by the process of claim 2, wherein the hydrobromic acid comprises about 33% hydrogen bromide in acetic acid.
4. Copolymer-1 made by the process of claim 2, wherein the process further comprises polymerizing N-carboxyanhydride derivatives to form protected copolymer-1.
5. Copolymer-1 made by the process of claim 4, wherein the polymerizing step comprises providing a diethylamine initiator.
6. Copoloymer-1 made by the process of claim 1, wherein the process further comprises adding acetic acid subsequent to the treating step.
7. Copoloymer-1 made by the process of claim 1, wherein the purfying step comprises filtration.
8. A method of manufacturing trifluoroacetyl copolymer-1 having a predetermined molecular weight profile, comprising the steps of: selecting a predetermined molecular weight profile, and then reacting protected copolymer-1 with hydrobromic acid at about 26.degree. C. for a time predetermined by test reaction to provide trifluoroacetyl copolymer-1 having the predetermined molecular weight profile.
9. The method of claim 7, further comprising a step of treating the trifluoroacetyl copoloymer-1 having the predetermined molecular weight profile with aqueous peperidine solution to form copolymer-1 having the predetermined molecular weight profile.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.