Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Methods of treating fibromyalgia|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides a method of treating fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS), chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), and pain in an animal subject. The method generally involves administering a therapeutically effective amount of a dual serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor compound or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein said dual serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor compound is characterized by a non-tricyclic structure and an equal or greater inhibition of norepinephrine reuptake than serotonin reuptake. In particular, the use of milnacipran to treat FMS, CFS, and pain is disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Kranzler; Jay D. (La Jolla, CA), Rao; Srinivas G. (San Diego, CA)|
|Assignee:||Cypress Bioscience, Inc. (San Diego, CA)|
1. A method of treating fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) comprising administering to an animal subject suffering from FMS, a composition wherein the active ingredient consists of
milnacipran, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof in an amount effective to treat the chronic pain and fatigue associated with FMS.
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein the animal subject is a human.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein the amount of milnacipran administered is from about 25 mg to about 400 mg per day.
4. The method according to claim 1, wherein the milnacipran is formulated in a sustained release dosage formulation.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein the amount of milnacipran administered is at least 100 mg per day.
6. The method of claim 1 wherein the amount of milnacipran administered is between 100 and 400 mg per day.
7. The method of claim 1 wherein the amount of milnacipran administered is between 100 and 250 mg per day.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.