Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method of treating metabolic disorders especially diabetes, or a disease or condition associated with diabetes|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to a combination, such as a combined preparation or pharmaceutical composition, respectively, which comprises nateglinide (I) ##STR1## or repaglinide and at least one other antidiabetic compound selected from the group consisting of thiazolidinedione derivatives (glitazones), sulfonyl urea derivatives and metformin for simultaneous, separate or sequential use in the prevention, delay of progression or treatment of diseases, especially metabolic disorders and in particular type 2 diabetes and diseases and conditions associated with diabetes; to a composition, respectively, which comprises nateglinide and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier and to a process of making such composition; the use of such combination or composition for the preparation of a medicament for the prevention, delay of progression or treatment of metabolic disorders; a method of prevention, delay of progression or treatment of diseases in warm-blooded animals; the use of such combination or composition for the cosmetic treatment of a mammal in order to effect a cosmetically beneficial loss of body weight; and to a method of improving the bodily appearance of a warm-blooded animal.|
|Inventor(s):||Gatlin; Marjorie Regan (Hoboken, NJ), Ball; Michele Ann (Morris Plains, NJ), Mannion; Richard Owen (Mount Arlington, NJ), Karnachi; Anees Abdulquadar (Hillsborough, NJ), Guitard; Christiane (Hegenheim, FR), Allison; Malcolm (Basel, CH)|
|Assignee:||Novartis AG (Basel, CH)|
1. A composition comprising 0.1 to 35 weight percent of nateglinide or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, about 34 to about 46 weight percent of a sugar, and about 17
to about 23 weight percent of a microcrystalline cellulose, wherein the weight percents are based on the total weight of the composition.
2. The composition according to claim 1 wherein the sugar is lactose.
3. The composition according to claim 1 wherein the microcrystalline cellulose is present in an amount of from about 21 to about 23 weight percent.
4. The composition according to claim 1 which is in the form of a tablet.
5. The composition according to claim 1 which is in the form of a gelatin capsule.
6. The composition according to claim 1 which is in the form of a granular composition.
7. The composition according to claim 1 which is in the form of a liquid.
8. The composition according to claim 1 which is in the form of a suspension.
9. The composition according to claim 1 which is used to treat diabetes.
10. The composition according to claim 9 wherein the diabetes is type 2 diabetes.
11. The composition according to claim 1 which is used to decrease body weight.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.