Generated: April 29, 2017
|Title:||Sustained release ranolazine formulations|
|Abstract:||A sustained release ranolazine formulation contains an intimate mixture of ranolazine and a partially neutralized pH-dependent binder to form a film that is mostly insoluble in aqueous media below pH 4.5 and soluble in aqueous media above pH 4.5. The formulation is suitable for twice daily administration of ranolazine and is useful for controlling the rate of dissolution of ranolazine, and to maintain human plasma ranolazine levels at between 550 and 7500 ng base/mL.|
|Inventor(s):||Wolff; Andrew A. (San Francisco, CA), Baker; Fiona (Dunfermline, GB), Langridge; John (Wrexham, GB)|
|Assignee:||CV Therapeutics, Inc. (Palo Alto, CA) Syntex USA, Inc. (Palo Alto, CA)|
1. A pharmaceutical dosage form comprising at least about 50 wt% ranolazine and the admixture of a pH-independent binder and a pH-dependent binder.
2. The pharmaceutical dosage form of claim 1 including from about 70 to about 80 wt% ranolazine.
3. The pharmaceutical dosage form of claim 1 wherein the pH dependent binder is methacrylic acid copolymer.
4. The pharmaceutical dosage form of claim 3 wherein the methacrylic acid copolymer is present in the pharmaceutical dosage form in an amount ranging from about 5 to about 12.5 wt%.
5. The pharmaceutical dosage form of claim 1 wherein the pH-independent binder is hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
6. The pharmaceutical dosage form of claim 5 wherein the hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is present in the composition in an amount ranging from about 1 to about 3 wt%.
7. A pharmaceutical dosage form comprising from about 70 to about 80 wt% ranolazine and the admixture of from about 5 to about 12.5 wt% methacrylic acid copolymer and from about 1 to about 3 wt% hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, wherein the dosage form includes from about 350 to about 800 mg ranolazine.
8. The pharmaceutical dosage form of claim 7 including microcrystalline cellulose.
9. The pharmaceutical dosage form of claim 7 including magnesium stearate.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.