DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 6,465,709
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to a multi-layer exothermic bandage comprising an oxygen-impermeable layer, a water-impermeable layer, a heating element layer comprising an oxidizable material, and an active agent layer; and the use thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Sun; Ying (Somerville, NJ), Oakeson; Ralph W. (Racine, WI), Wisniewski; Stephen J. (Doylestown, PA), Wang; Jonas C. T. (West Windsor, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. (Skillman, NJ)|
1. An multi-layer exothermic bandage, said bandage comprising: (a) an oxygen-impermeable layer; (b) a water-impermeable layer; (c) a heating element layer, said heating
element layer comprising an oxidizable material, and where said heating element layer is between said oxygen-impermeable layer and said water-impermeable layer; and (d) an active agent layer, said active agent layer comprising an active agent; wherein
said water-impermeable layer is between said heating element and said active agent layer.
2. A bandage of claim 1, wherein said bandage further comprises an adhesive where said liquid-impermeable layer is between said adhesive and said heating element layer.
3. A bandage of claim 2, wherein said adhesive is within said active agent layer.
4. A device of claim 1, wherein said device further comprises a removable liner where said active agent layer is between said liquid-impermeable layer and said removable liner.
5. A device of claim 1, wherein said heating element layer further comprises a salt, said salt selected from the group consisting of NaCl, KCl, CaCl.sub.2, FeCl.sub.3, FeCl.sub.2, MgCl.sub.2, AlCl.sub.3, Na.sub.2 SO.sub.4, K.sub.2 SO.sub.4, Fe(SO.sub.4).sub.3, FeSO.sub.4, or MgSO.sub.4.
6. A device of claim 1, wherein said oxidizable material comprises carbon and metal powder, said metal powder selected from the group consisting of iron, aluminum, magnesium, zinc, and a mixture thereof.
7. A device of claim 1, wherein said oxidizable material comprises carbon and an inorganic powder, said inorganic powder selected from the group consisting of ferrosoferric oxide, plumboblumbic oxide, trimanganese tetroxide, black copper oxide and manganese dioxide.
8. A device of claim 1, wherein said heating element layer further comprises a polymer.
9. A device of claim 1, wherein said heating element layer further comprises water.
10. A device of claim 1, wherein said device further comprises a heat-insulating layer where said oxygen-impermeable layer is between said heating element and said oxygen-impermeable layer.
11. A device of claim 1, wherein said exothermic reaction is between about 40.degree. C. and 42.degree. C.
12. A device of claim 1, wherein said active agent is for the treatment of acne.
13. A device of claim 1, wherein said device comprises at least one perforation where said perforation passes through said oxygen-impermeable layer, said water-impermeable layer, said heating element layer, and said active agent layer.
14. A method of topically delivering an active agent to a mammal, said method comprising attaching the bandage of claim 1 to a barrier membrane of said mammal.
15. A method of claim 14, wherein said mammal is a human.
16. A method of claim 15, wherein said device is attached to the skin of said human.
17. A method of claim 15, wherein said device is attached a mucosal layer of said human.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.