Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||Fluoroether compositions and methods for inhibiting their degradation in the presence of a Lewis acid|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to an anesthetic composition containing a fluoroether compound and a physiologically acceptable Lewis acid inhibitor. This composition exhibits improved stability and does not readily degrade in the presence of a Lewis acid.|
|Inventor(s):||Bieniarz; Christopher (Highland Park, IL), Chang; Steve H. (Gurnee, IL), Cromack; Keith R. (Lake Bluff, IL), Huang; Shuyen L. (Riverwoods, IL), Kawai; Toshikazu (Saitama, JP), Kobayashi; Manami (Saitama, JP), Loffredo; David (Elmnurst, IL), Raghavan; Rajagopalan (Grayslake, IL), Speicher; Earl R. (Buffalo Grove, IL), Stelmach; Honorate A. (Lake Forest, IL)|
|Assignee:||Abbott Laboratories (Abbott Park, IL) Central Glass Company LTD (Tokyo, JP)|
1. A method for preventing degradation by Lewis acids of a quantity of sevoflurane, said method comprising providing a quantity of sevoflurane and contacting said quantity of
sevoflurane with an amount of Lewis acid inhibitor, said amount of Lewis acid inhibitor being selected such that said Lewis acid inhibitor is present in an amount of at least 150 parts per million parts of a total of said quantity of sevoflurane and said
amount of Lewis acid inhibitor.
2. A method in accordance with claim 1, wherein said Lewis acid inhibitor is selected from a group consisting of water, butylated hydroxytoluene, methylparaben, propylparaben, propofol, and thymol.
3. A method in accordance with claim 1, wherein said Lewis acid inhibitor is water.
4. A sevoflurane product protected from degradation by Lewis acids in accordance with the method of claim 1.
5. A sevoflurane product protected from degradation by Lewis acids in accordance with the method of claim 2.
6. A sevoflurane product protected from degradation by Lewis acids in accordance with the method of claim 3.