Generated: May 22, 2017
|Title:||Fluoroether compositions and methods for inhibiting their degradation in the presence of a Lewis acid|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to an anesthetic composition containing a fluoroether compound and a physiologically acceptable Lewis acid inhibitor. This composition exhibits improved stability and does not readily degrade in the presence of a Lewis acid.|
|Inventor(s):||Bieniarz; Christopher (Highland Park, IL), Chang; Steve H. (Gurnee, IL), Cromack; Keith R. (Lake Bluff, IL), Huang; Shuyen L. (Riverwoods, IL), Kawai; Toshikazu (Saitama, JP), Kobayashi; Manami (Saitama, JP), Loffredo; David (Elmnurst, IL), Raghavan; Rajagopalan (Grayslake, IL), Speicher; Earl R. (Buffalo Grove, IL), Stelmach; Honorate A. (Lake Forest, IL)|
|Assignee:||Abbott Laboratories (Abbott Park, IL) Central Glass Company LTD (Tokyo, JP)|
1. A method for preventing degradation by Lewis acids of a quantity of sevoflurane, said method comprising providing a quantity of sevoflurane and contacting said quantity of
sevoflurane with an amount of Lewis acid inhibitor, said amount of Lewis acid inhibitor being selected such that said Lewis acid inhibitor is present in an amount of at least 150 parts per million parts of a total of said quantity of sevoflurane and said
amount of Lewis acid inhibitor.
2. A method in accordance with claim 1, wherein said Lewis acid inhibitor is selected from a group consisting of water, butylated hydroxytoluene, methylparaben, propylparaben, propofol, and thymol.
3. A method in accordance with claim 1, wherein said Lewis acid inhibitor is water.
4. A sevoflurane product protected from degradation by Lewis acids in accordance with the method of claim 1.
5. A sevoflurane product protected from degradation by Lewis acids in accordance with the method of claim 2.
6. A sevoflurane product protected from degradation by Lewis acids in accordance with the method of claim 3.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.