DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 6,361,758
|Abstract:||Stable pharmaceutical formulations of a therapeutic agent, a low molecular weight alcohol and a glycol derivative are disclosed. Preferred formulations include 19-nor-1.alpha.,3.beta.,25-trihydroxy-9,10-secoergosta-5,7(E),22(E)-triene .|
|Inventor(s):||Li; Lukchiu (Vernon Hills, IL), Pec; Edward Anthony (Gurnee, IL), Robinson; Daniel H. (Lake Bluff, IL), Stephens; Dennis A. (Mt. Prospect, IL), Jantzi; Kathee (Madison, WI), May; Thomas Barton (Grayslake, IL), Oberdier; John Paul (Gurnee, IL)|
|Assignee:||Abbott Laboratories (Abbott Park, IL)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 6,361,758|
1. A sterilized, self-preserved, synergistic antimicrobial vehicle composition consisting essentially of water, a low molecular weight alcohol in the range of about 25% to about 30%,
and a glycol derivative in the range of about 20% to about 25%.
2. The composition of claim 1 wherein the low molecular weight alcohol is ethanol.
3. The composition of claim 1 wherein the glycol derivative is glycerin or propylene glycol.
4. The composition of claim 3 wherein the glycol derivative is propylene glycol.
5. The composition of claim 1 wherein the low molecular weight alcohol is ethanol and the glycol derivative is polypropylene glycol.
6. The composition of claim 1 wherein the sterilization is terminal sterilization.
7. The composition of claim 6 wherein the sterilization is aseptic fill.
8. The composition of claim 1 wherein the low molecular weight alcohol is present in the range of about 27% to about 30% (v/v).
9. The composition of claim 1 wherein the glycol derivative is present in the range of about 20% to about 23% (v/v).
10. The formulation of claim 6 wherein sterilization is an autoclaving
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.