DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 6,344,211
|Title:||Transdermal absorption of active substances from subcooled melts|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical product for the release of medicinal agents to the skin having absorption-increasing auxiliary agents is characterized in that the auxiliary material forms subcooled melts.|
|Inventor(s):||Hille; Thomas (Neuwied, DE)|
|Assignee:||LTS Lohmann Therapie-Systeme GmbH (Neuwied, DE)|
1. A method of releasing a pharmaceutical agent for effecting a topical or systemic effect in a patient from a transdermal therapeutic system having a layered structure and
comprising at least one substance selected from the group of pharmaceutical agents producing a local or systemic effect and at least one auxiliary agent which increases the penetration of said pharmaceutical agents and has a melting point above room
temperature, which comprises:
a) in a first step preparing said transdermal therapeutic system by using an auxiliary agent which has been melted and afterwards allowed to form a subcooled melt by cooling it down to room temperature, and
b) in a second step applying the transdermal therapeutic system as prepared in the first step on the skin of said patient.
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical agent producing a local effect is a member selected from the group consisting of antiperspirants, fungicides, bactericides, and bacteriostatics.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical agent producing a systemic effect is a member selected from the group consisting of antibiotics, hormones, antipyretics, antidiabetic agents, coronary vasodilators, cardioactive glycosides, analgetics, spasmolytics, antihypertensives, psychotropic drugs, migraine analgesics, corticoids, contraceptives, antirheumatics, anticholinergics, symphaticolytics, symphaticomimetics, vasodilators, anticoagulants, and antiarrhytmics.
4. The method according to claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical agent producing a systemic effect is a member selected from the group consisting of buprenorphine base, pilocarpine base, and ephedrine base.
5. The method according to claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical agent is buprenorphine base and the auxiliary agent is selected from the group consisting of levulic acid, glutaric acid monomethyl ester and dodecanol.
6. The method according to claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical agent is buprenorphine base and the auxiliary agent is levulic acid.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.