DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 6,303,661
|Title:||Use of dipeptidyl peptidase IV effectors for lowering the blood glucose level in mammals|
|Abstract:||Novel therapeutic regimens are provided which comprise the administration of therapeutically effective amounts of an inhibitor to dipeptidyl peptidase (DP-IV) or enzymes of similar activity whereby their ability to degrade the incretins, GLP-1 and GIP, is reduced. As a result hyperglycemia, such as that accompanying food intake may be reduced due to improved insulin release. A preferred therapeutic regimen amongst a number of routes of administration and inhibitors that may be used comprises the oral administration of isoleucyl thiazolidine.|
|Inventor(s):||Demuth; Hans-Ulrich (Halle, DE), Rosche; Fred (Dieskau, DE), Schmidt; Joem (Halle, DE), Pauly; Robert P. (Vancouver, CA), McIntosh; Christopher H. S. (Vancouver, CA), Pederson; Ray A. (Vancouver, CA)|
|Assignee:||Probiodrug (Weinbergweg, DE)|
1. A method for lowering elevated blood glucose levels in mammals resulting from food intake comprising administering at least one oral administration of a therapeutically effective
amount of at least one inhibitor of Dipeptidyl Peptidase (DP IV) or of DP IV-like enzyme activity.
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein said at least one inhibitor is selected from the group consisting of alanyl pyrrolidine, isoleucyl thiazolidine, and N-valyl prolyl, O-benzoyl hydroxylamine.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein said at least one inhibitor is administered in combination with at least one carrier substance.
4. The method according to claim 1, wherein said at least one inhibitor is administered in multiple administrations.
5. The method according to claim 1, wherein said amount is between 1.0 mg to 10.0 mg per kilogram of the inhibitor compound.
6. The method according to claim 1, wherein the mammals demonstrate clinically inappropriate basal and post-prandial hyperglycemia.
7. The method according to claim 1, wherein the administration is for the prevention or alleviation of pathological abnormalities of metabolism of mammals such as glucosuria, hyperlipidaemia, metabolic acidosis and Diabetes mellitus.
8. A method for lowering elevated blood glucose levels in mammals resulting from food intake comprising the administration of a therapeutically effective amount of an inhibitor of DP-IV enzyme activity comprising isoleucyl thiazolidine.
9. A method for lowering elevated blood glucose levels in mammals resulting from food intake comprising the oral administration of a therapeutically effective amount of an inhibitor of DP-IV enzyme activity selected from the group consisting of alanyl pyrrolidine and isoleucyl thiazolidine.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.