Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Pharmaceutical composition containing diphosphonic acid or salt thereof|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to a solid pharmaceutical form of administration containing a diphosphonic acid or a physiologically compatible salt thereof as the active substance, wherein the active substance is present in granulate form, optionally together with pharmaceutical adjuvants in the inner phase, and the outer phase contains a lubricant in the form of less than 5% by weight of stearic acid relative to the total weight of the form of administration.|
|Inventor(s):||Gabel; Rolf-Dieter (Schwetzingen, DE), Preis; Walter (Neustadt, DE), Woog; Heinrich (Laudenbach, DE)|
|Assignee:||Hoffmann-La Roche Inc. (Nutley, NJ)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition in solid unit dosage form, said dosage form comprising an inner phase containing as the active substance ibandronic acid, or a physiologically
compatible salt or hydrate thereof, said active substance being present in the dosage form in an amount of from about 0.2% to 30% by weight of the dosage form, and an outer phase containing stearic acid in an amount of about less than 5% by weight of the
dosage form, wherein said inner phase comprises about at least 80% by weight of the dosage form and said outer phase comprises from about. 0.1% to 20% by weight of the dosage form.
2. The composition according to claim 1, wherein the outer phase of the dosage form contains stearic acid in an amount of from about 0.1 to about 3% by weight of said dosage form.
3. The composition according to claim 1, wherein the outer phase of the dosage form contains stearic acid in an amount of from about 0.98 to about 3% by weight of said dosage form.
4. The composition according to claim 1, wherein the outer phase of the dosage form contains stearic acid in an amount of from about 1.5 to about 2.7% by weight of said dosage form.
5. The composition according to claim 1, wherein the active substance is present in said dosage form in an amount of from about 0.5 to about 50 mg.
6. The composition according to claim 1, wherein the outer phase of said dosage form contains a disintegrating agent.
7. The composition according to claim 6, wherein the disintegrating agent is cross-linked polyvinyl pyrrolidone.
8. The composition according to claim 1, wherein said solid unit dosage form is selected from the group consisting of tablets, capsules, film tablets, dragees, pellets, effervescent tablets, chewing tablets and granulates in sachets.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.