Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Low oxygen content compostions of 1.alpha., 25-dihydroxycholecalciferol|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to stable compositions comprising 1.alpha., 25-dihydroxycholecalciferol, a unit dose system comprising the same in a sealed vessel, and a process for preparing them.|
|Inventor(s):||Abrahamson; Kent (Libertyville, IL), Anderson; Amy N. (Waukegan, IL), Grady; Haiyan (Mundelein, IL), Hartmann; Kurt J. (Wauconda, IL), Farmer; Randall M. (Mundelein, IL), Oberdier; John P. (Gurnee, IL)|
|Assignee:||Abbott Laboratories (Abbott Park, IL)|
1. A process for preparing a stable, low aluminum composition of 1.alpha., 25-dihydroxycholecalciferol, comprising the steps of:
a. flushing an empty container with an inert gas,
b. maintaining an inert gas environment by filling an aqueous solution of 1.alpha.,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol into said container while consistently flushing with an inert gas,
c. suitably minimizing the re-introduction of oxygen during steps (a) and (b) above and during transport of the container, and
d. sealing said container in a manner to minimize the presence of oxygen in the container headspace.
2. The process according to claim 1, further comprising the steps of:
a. placing an appropriate means of closure into the opening of the filled container obtained in step (c) of claim 1 in a manner which allows the exchange of gas from an interior side of the container to an exterior side of the container;
b. vacuum treating the container headspace having an appropriate means of closure and purging the container headspace with an inert gas,
c. repeating the vacuum treating and purging step of (b) above to control the oxygen content in the container headspace before suitably sealing said container.
3. The process according to claim 2, wherein the container is a vial.
4. The process according to claim 1, wherein the container is an ampoule.
5. The process according to claim 1, wherein the container is flame-sealed.
6. The product prepared by the process according to claim 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5.
7. The product prepared by the process according to claim 1 or 2, comprising a therapeutically effective amount of 1.alpha., 25-dihydroxycholecalciferol in an aqueous solution having less than or equal to 2.0% oxygen in the headspace of a container when determined immediately after container sealing, said solution consisting essentially of a solubilizing agent and an antioxidant.
8. The product prepared by the process according to claim 1 or 2, comprising a therapeutically effective amount of 1.alpha., 25-dihydroxycholecalciferol in an aqueous solution having less than or equal to 2.0% oxygen in the headspace of a container when determined immediately after container sealing, said solution consisting essentially of a solubilizing agent and an antioxidant, and having an aluminum content of less than about 1 ppm during the shelf life of the composition.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.