DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 6,262,071
|Title:||Methods of use of antimicrobial compounds against pathogenic amycoplasma bacteria|
|Abstract:||This invention relates, in part, to newly identified methods of using quinolone antibiotics, particularly a gemifloxacin compound against certain pathogenic bacteria.|
|Inventor(s):||Crabb; Donna M. (Birmingham, AL), Duffy; Lynn B. (Birmingham, AL), Searcy; Karen B. (Birmingham, AL)|
|Assignee:||SmithKline Beecham Corporation (Philadelphia, PA)|
1. A method for modulating metabolism of pathogenic Mycoplasma bacteria comprising the step of contacting pathogenic Mycoplasma bacteria with an antibacterially effective
amount of a composition comprising a gemifloxacin compound, or antibacterially effective derivatives thereof.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein said pathogenic Mycoplasma bacteria is a member of the genus Mycoplasma.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein said modulating metabolism is inhibiting growth of said bacteria.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein said modulating metabolism is killing said bacteria.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein said contacting said bacteria comprises the further step of introducing said composition into a mammal.
6. The method of claim 5 wherein said mammal is a human.
7. The method of claim 2 wherein said bacteria is selected from the group consisting of: Mycoplasma hominis and Mycoplasma fermentans.
8. The method of claim 1 wherein said bacteria is a member of the genus Ureaplasma.
9. The method of claim 8 wherein said bacteria is Ureaplasma urealyticum.
10. The method of claim 2 wherein said bacteria is selected from the group consisting of: Mycoplasma pneuoniae, Mycoplasma genitalium, and Mycoplasma penetrans.
11. The method according to claim 1, 2, 7, 8, 9 or 10 wherein the gemifloxacin compound is gemifloxacin or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
12. The method according to claim 11 wherein the gemifloxacin compound is gemifloxacin mesylate or a hydrate thereof.
13. The method according to claim 12 wherein the gemifloxacin compound is gemifloxacin mesylate sesquihydrate.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.