|Title:||Non-aqueous polar aprotic peptide formulations|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to stable non-aqueous polar aprotic formulations of peptide compounds. These stable formulations comprise peptide in non-aqueous polar aprotic solvent. They may be stored at elevated temperatures for long periods of time and are especially useful in implantable delivery devices for long term delivery of drug.|
|Inventor(s):||Stevenson; Cynthia L. (Mountain View, CA), Prestrelski; Steven J. (Mountain View, CA)|
|Assignee:||ALZA Corporation (Mountain View, CA)|
1. A method for preparing a stable non-aqueous formulation of an LHRH-related peptide compound, said compound comprising at least one LHRH-related peptide compound and at
least one polar aprotic solvent, said method comprising dissolving at least one LHRH-related peptide compound in at least one polar aprotic solvent.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein at least about 10% (w/w) peptide compound is dissolved.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein at least about 30% (w/w) peptide compound is dissolved.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein said peptide compound is selected from the group consisting of leuprolide, LHRH, nafarelin and goserelin.
5. The method of claim 1 further comprising the step of adding a non-aqueous protic solvent.
6. The method of claim 1 wherein about 30% to about 50% (w/w) of the LHRH-related compound leuprolide acetate is dissolved in DMSO.
7. The method of claim 1 wherein 370 mg leuprolide is dissolved in 1 ml DMSO.
8. The method of claim 1 wherein said administration is parenteral administration.
9. The method of claim 1 wherein said administration is long-term continuous administration.
10. The method of claim 9 wherein said administration is accomplished by use of an implantable drug delivery device.
11. The method of claim 1 wherein said condition is prostatic cancer and said peptide compound is leuprolide.
12. The method of claim 11 wherein at least about 80 micrograms of leuprolide is administered daily.
13. The method of claim 12 wherein said daily administration continues for a period selected from the group consisting of 3 months, 6 months and 12 months.
14. The method of claim 13 wherein said daily administration for said period is continuous administration accomplished using an implantable drug delivery system.
15. A method for treating a subject suffering from prostatic cancer by administration of an LHRH antagonist, said method comprising administering to said subject an effective amount of a stable non-aqueous formulation of an LHRH antagonist and at least one polar aprotic solvent.
16. The method of claim 1 wherein no components containing added water are added to the formulation.
17. The method of claim 1 which is conducted in an atmosphere of inert gas.
18. The method of claim 1 wherein said atmosphere is dry nitrogen.
19. The method of claim 1 wherein no conventional bacteriostatic, bactericidal or sporicidal agent is added to the formulation.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.