Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Entric-coated pharmaceutical compositions|
|Abstract:||This invention provides a pharmaceutical composition comprising a mycophenolate salt, the composition being adapted to release mycophenolate in the upper part of the intestinal tract.|
|Inventor(s):||Haeberlin; Barbara (Riehen, CH), Mak; Ching-Pong (Therwil, CH), Meinzer; Armin (Buggingen, DE), Vonderscher; Jacky (Riedisheim, FR)|
|Assignee:||Novartis AG (Basel, CH)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a mycophenolate salt, the composition being formulated to disintegrate selectively in the intestinal tract to release mycophenolate
2. A method of immunosuppressing a subject which comprises administering a therapeutically effective amount of a composition of claim 1 to a subject in need of such immunosuppression, optionally with the simultaneous or separate administration another immunosuppressant, wherein the composition has an enteric coating.
3. A composition containing a composition of claim 1 and another immunosuppressant for simultaneous, sequential or separate administration, wherein the composition has an enteric coating.
4. A composition according to claim 1 wherein the salt is the mono-sodium salt.
5. A composition according to claim 1 wherein said composition further comprises another immunosuppressant.
6. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 wherein said composition has an enteric coating and is suitable as an immunosuppressant medicament.
7. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 6 wherein said composition further comprises a second immunosuppressant.
8. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 7 wherein said second immunosuppressant is cyclosporin.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.