Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Emergency contraceptive kit|
|Abstract:||A kit which is adapted and designed to provide both data on the current reproductive status of a patient, and contraception for those who are not pregnant, but recently engaged in unprotected sex.|
|Inventor(s):||Mackenzie; Roderick L. (Bonita Springs, FL)|
|Assignee:||Gynetics Inc. (Somerville, NJ)|
1. A contraceptive kit for use by a woman after unprotected sexual intercourse, comprising:
one pregnancy detection device that detects hCG in urine in an amount between about 20 and about 25 mIU/ml;
an emergency contraceptive in an amount that prevents a single pregnancy only,
wherein said contraceptive comprises four pills, each of which contains 0.25 mg levonorgestrel and 0.05 mg ethinyl estradiol; and
directions explaining to the woman how to use the pregnancy detection device and warning the woman not to take the emergency contraceptive if pregnancy is indicated by the pregnancy detection device.
2. The contraceptive kit of claim 1 wherein said pregnancy detection device includes at least one control.
3. The contraceptive kit of claim 2 wherein said control includes at least one positive control.
4. The contraceptive kit of claim 2 wherein said control includes at least one negative control.
5. The contraceptive kit of claim 1 further comprising at least one means for retarding the unwanted expulsion of the emergency contraceptive.
6. The contraceptive kit of claim 5 wherein said means for retarding the unwanted expulsion of the contraceptive is an anti-emetic.
7. The contraceptive kit of claim 5 wherein said means for retarding the unwanted expulsion of the contraceptive is an enteric coating.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.