Generated: May 25, 2017
|Title:||Formulation containing a nucleotide analogue|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical composition comprising a nucleotide analogue and one or more glass forming additives which is suitable for freeze drying.|
|Inventor(s):||Broadhead; Joanne (Loughborough, GB)|
|Assignee:||AstraZeneca UK Limited (London, GB)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a nucleotide analog and one or more glass forming additives, wherein the nucleotide is a compound of formula (I): ##STR6## wherein
R.sup.1 and R.sup.2 independently represent hydrogen or halogen, R.sup.3 and R.sup.4 independently represent phenyl, or C.sub.1-6 -alkyl optionally substituted by one or more substituents selected from OR.sup.5, C.sub.1-6 -alkylthio, NR.sup.6 R.sup.7,
phenyl, COOR.sup.8 and halogen,
R.sup.5, R.sup.6, R.sup.7 and R.sup.8 independent represent hydrogen or C.sub.1-6 -alkyl and X represents an acidic moiety, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
2. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1 which is in freeze-dried, spray dried or vacuum dried form.
3. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1 which is in reconstituted form.
4. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1 and further including a modifying agent.
5. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 4, in which the modifying agent is sucrose.
6. A method of treating a platelet aggregation disorder which method comprises treating a subject suffering from a said disorder with a therapeutically effective amount of a pharmaceutical composition as defined in claim 1.
7. A process for the preparation of a pharmaceutical composition according to claim 2 which process comprises mixing the ingredients of the composition, and either freezing them and drying the frozen mixture, or spray-drying them.
8. A method of treating acute coronary syndromes and percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty in a patient in need of said treatment, said method comprising the step of administering to said patient a therapeutically effective amount of a pharmaceutical composition as defined in claim 1.
9. A method of treating angina in a patient in need of said treatment, said method comprising the step of administering to said patient a therapeutically effective amount of a pharmaceutical composition as defined in claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.