DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 6,127,353
|Title:||Mometasone furoate monohydrate, process for making same and pharmaceutical compositions|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to the novel compound mometasone furoate monohydrate, process for its preparation and pharmaceutical compositions containing said compound.|
|Inventor(s):||Yuen; Pui-Ho (Princeton Junction, NJ), Eckhart; Charles (Kenilworth, NJ), Etlinger; Teresa (Bloomfield, NJ), Levine; Nancy (Flemington, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 6,127,353|
1. 9.alph a.,21-dichloro-16.alpha.-methyl-1,4-pregnadiene-11.beta.,17.alpha.-diol-3,2 0-dione-17-(2'-furoate) monohydrate.
2. A pharmaceutical composition comprising an antiinflammatory amount of mometasone furoate monohydrate in a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
3. The composition of claim 2, further comprising the following ingredients:
4. The composition of claim 3 comprising 0.5 mg of mometasone furoate
5. The compound 9.alpha.,21-dichloro-16.alpha.-methyl-1,4-pregnadiene-11.beta.,17.alpha.-d iol-3,20 dione-17-(2'-furoate) monohydrate exhibiting a x-ray crystallographic powder diffraction pattern having essentially the following values:
6. A pharmaceutical composition comprising mometasone furoate monohydrate in a carrier consisting essentially of water.
7. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 6 wherein said mometasone furoate monohydrate is present in an amount of from about 0.1 mg. to about 10.0 mg per gram of water.
8. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 6 wherein said mometasone furoate monohydrate is present in the form of micronized particles.
9. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 6 wherein said composition has a pH of from about 4.0 to 5.0.
10. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 6 further comprising one or more additional components selected from the group consisting essentially of excipients, suspending agents, buffers, surfactants, preservatives and mixtures thereof.
11. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 6 formulated as a nasal spray.
12. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 6 wherein said mometasone furoate monohydrate is suspended in said aqueous carrier.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.