Generated: April 29, 2017
|Title:||Mesylate trihydrate salt of 5-(2-(4-(1,2-benzisothiazol-3-yl)-1-piperazinyl)ethyl)-6-chloro-1,3-dihy dro-2(1H)-indol-2-one (=ziprasidone), its preparation and its use as dopamine D2 antagonist|
|Abstract:||Mesylate Trihydrate Salt of 5-(2-(4-(1,2-benzisothiazol-3-yl)-1-piperazinyl)ethyl)-6-chloro-1,3-dihydr o-2(1H)-indol-2-one (=Ziprasidone), Its Preparation and Its Use as Dopamine D2 Antagonist The invention relates to the mesylate trihydrate salt of 5-(2-(4-(1,2-benzisothiazol-3-yl)-1-piperazinyl)ethyl)-6-chloro-1,3-dihydr o-2(1H)-indol-2-one ("ziprasidone mesylate trihydrate"), to pharmaceutical compositions containing ziprasidone mesylate trihydrate, and to methods of administering ziprasidone mesylate trihydrate to treat psychotic diseases.|
|Inventor(s):||Busch; Frank R. (Gales Ferry, CT), Rose; Carol A. (Ledyard, CT)|
|Assignee:||Pfizer Inc (New York, NY)|
1. 5-(2-( 4-(1,2-benzisothiazol-3-yl)-1-piperazinyl)ethyl)-6-chloro-1,3-dihydro-2H-in dol-2-one mesylate trihydrate.
2. A pharmaceutical composition for the treatment of a psychotic disorder comprising an amount of the compound of claim 1 that is effective in the treatment of said psychotic disorder and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
3. A method of treating a psychotic disorder in a mammal comprising administering to said mammal an amount of the compound of claim 1 that is effective in the treatment of said psychotic disorder.
4. The method of claim 3 wherein said psychotic disorder is schizophrenia, migraine pain or anxiety.
5. The method of claim 3 wherein said pyschotic disorder is schizophrenia.
6. The method of claim 3 wherein said administration is parenteral administration.
7. The method of claim 6 wherein said parenteral administration is intramuscular injection.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.