Generated: April 26, 2017
|Title:||Cyclic hexapeptides having antibiotic activity|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to new polypeptide compounds represented by the following formula (I): ##STR1## wherein R.sup.1 is as defined in the description and pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof which have antimicrobial activities (especially, antifungal activities), inhibitory activity on .beta.-1,3-glucan synthase, to process for preparation thereof, to a pharmaceutical composition comprising the same, and to a method for the prophylactic and/or therapeutic treatment of infectious diseases including Pneumocystis carinii infection (e.g. Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia) in a human being or an animal.|
|Inventor(s):||Ohki; Hidenori (Takarazuka, JP), Tomishima; Masaki (Minoo, JP), Yamada; Akira (Fujiidera, JP), Takasugi; Hisashi (Sakai, JP)|
|Assignee:||Fujisawa Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Osaka, JP)|
1. A polypeptide compound of the following general formula (I): ##STR133## wherein R.sup.1 is benzoyl substituted with isoxazolyl which has phenyl having lower alkoxy, or a
2. A compound of claim 1, wherein R.sup.1 is ##STR134##
3. A process for the preparation of a polypeptide compound of the formula (I): wherein R.sup.1 is benzoyl substituted with isoxazolyl which has phenyl having lower alkoxy, or a salt thereof, said process comprising:
1) reacting a compound of the formula (II): ##STR135## or its reactive derivative at the amino group or a salt thereof, with a compound of formula (III):
or its reactive derivative at the carboxy group or a salt thereof, wherein R.sup.1 is defined above, to give a compound of formula (I).
4. A pharmaceutical composition which comprises, as an active ingredient, a compound of claim 1, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof in admixture with a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier or excipient.
5. A method for the therapeutic treatment of infectious diseases caused by pathogenic microorganisms, comprising administering an effective amount of a compound of claim 1 or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, to a human being or animal.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.