Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||2- (2-amino-1,6-dihydro-6-oxo-purin-9-yl) methoxy-1,3- propanediol derivative|
|Abstract:||The L-monovaline ester derived from 2-(2-amino-1,6-dihydro-6-oxo-purin-9-yl)methoxy-1,3-propanediol and its pharmaceutically acceptable salts are of value as antiviral agents with improved absorption.|
|Inventor(s):||Nestor; John Joseph (Cupertino, CA), Womble; Scott William (Fremont, CA), Maag; Hans (Menlo Park, CA)|
|Assignee:||Syntex (U.S.A.) Inc. (Palo Alto, CA)|
1. The compound 2-(2-amino-1,6-dihydro-6-oxo-purin-9-yl)methoxy-3-hydroxy-1-propanyl-L-val inate hydrochloride in crystalline form.
2. An antiviral pharmaceutical composition comprising the compound of claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable excipient.
3. A method of treating an animal infected with a virus selected from herpes simplex virus and cytomegalovirus, comprising administering a therapeutically effective amount of the compound of claim 1 to the animal.
4. The method of claim 2 where the compound is administered orally.
5. The method of claim 3 where the herpes viral infection is a cytomegalovirus infection.
6. The method of claim 5 wherein the compound is administered orally.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.