|Title:|| 2- (2-amino-1,6-dihydro-6-oxo-purin-9-yl) methoxy-1,3- propanediol derivative|
|Abstract:||The L-monovaline ester derived from 2-(2-amino-1,6-dihydro-6-oxo-purin-9-yl)methoxy-1,3-propanediol and its pharmaceutically acceptable salts are of value as antiviral agents with improved absorption.|
|Inventor(s):|| Nestor; John Joseph (Cupertino, CA), Womble; Scott William (Fremont, CA), Maag; Hans (Menlo Park, CA) |
|Assignee:|| Syntex (U.S.A.) Inc. (Palo Alto, CA) |
1. The compound 2-(2-amino-1,6-dihydro-6-oxo-purin-9-yl)methoxy-3-hydroxy-1-propanyl-L-val inate hydrochloride in crystalline form.
2. An antiviral pharmaceutical composition comprising the compound of claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable excipient.
3. A method of treating an animal infected with a virus selected from herpes simplex virus and cytomegalovirus, comprising administering a therapeutically effective amount of the compound of claim 1 to the animal.
4. The method of claim 2 where the compound is administered orally.
5. The method of claim 3 where the herpes viral infection is a cytomegalovirus infection.
6. The method of claim 5 wherein the compound is administered orally.