Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Compositions for a once day treatment of cyclooxygenase-2 mediated diseases|
|Abstract:||This application relates to a method of treating a disease susceptible to treatment with a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug by administering to a patient once daily an effective amount of 3-phenyl-4-(4-methylsulfonyl)phenyl)-2-(5H)-furanone.|
|Inventor(s):||Hancock; Bruno (Beaconsfield, CA), Winters; Conrad (L'Ile Bizard, CA), Gertz; Barry (Summit, NJ), Ehrich; Elliot (Chatham, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Merck & Co., Inc. (Rahway, NJ) Merch Frosst Canada & Co. (Kirkland, CA)|
1. A method of treating a disease susceptible to treatment with an non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent comprising:
administration orally once a day to a human patient in need of such treatment 12.5 or 25 or 50 mg of 3-phenyl-4-(4-methylsulfonyl)phenyl)-2-(5H)-furanone.
2. A method according to claim 1 for the treatment of non-chronic headache, pain or swelling.
3. A method according to claim 1 for the treatment of osteoarthritis.
4. A method according to claim 1 for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
5. A method according to claim 1 for the treatment of pain.
6. A method according to claim 1 for the treatment of fever.
7. A method according to claim 1 for the treatment of dysmenorrhea.
8. A method according to claim 1 for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.