Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Intermediates and process for preparing olanzapine|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides a process for preparing olanzapine and intermediates therefor.|
|Inventor(s):||Bunnell; Charles Arthur (Lafayette, IN), Larsen; Samuel Dean (West Lafayette, IN), Nichols; John Richard (Merseyside, GB), Reutzel; Susan Marie (Indianapolis, IN), Stephenson; Gregory Alan (Fishers, IN)|
|Assignee:||Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN)|
1. An olanzapine dihydrate selected from Dihydrate B and Dihydrate E.
2. A dihydrate of claim 1 which is crystalline Dihydrate B and which has a typical X-ray powder diffraction pattern with the following interplanar spacings (d) in Angstroms:
3. A Dihydrate B of claim 2 wherein the diffraction pattern has the following typical relative intensity (I/I.sub.1) pattern:
4. A Dihydrate B of claim 3 in substantially pure form.
5. A dihydrate of claim 1 which is crystalline Dihydrate E and which has a typical X-ray powder diffraction pattern with the following interplanar spacings (d) in Angstroms:
6. A Dihydrate E of claim 5 wherein the diffraction pattern has the following typical relative intensity pattern (I/I.sub.1):
7. A Dihydrate E of claim 6 in substantially pure form.
8. A process for preparing substantially pure Form II olanzapine comprising preparing an olanzapine dihydrate selected from Dihydrate B, Dihydrate D and Dihydrate E and drying it until the Form II is prepared.
9. A process of claim 8 wherein the dihydrate is dried in a vacuum oven at about 40.degree. C. to about 70.degree. C.
10. A process of claim 9 wherein the dihydrate is Dihydrate D.
11. A process of claim 9 wherein the dihydrate is Dihydrate B.
12. A process of claim 9 wherein the dihydrate is Dihydrate E.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.