Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Compositions for treating migraine|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical composition for oral adminstration comprising a film-coated solid dosage form including 3-[2-(dimethylamino)ethyl]-N-methyl-1H-indole-5-methanesulphonamide or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or solvate thereof as active ingredient. The film-coated solid dosage forms are of use in the treatment of conditions associated with cephalic pain, in particular migraine.|
|Inventor(s):||Phillips; Anthony John (Ware, GB), Winterborn; Ian Keith (North Mississauga, CA), Padfield; John Malcolm (Middlesex, GB)|
|Assignee:||Glaxo Group Limited (Greenford, GB)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition for oral administration comprising a film-coated tablet containing 3-[1-(dimethylamino)ethyl]-N-methyl-1H-indole-5-methanesulphonamide succinate (1:1)
salt as active ingredient, and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier or excipient.
2. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 1 wherein the film coating comprises a polymer.
3. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 2 wherein the polymer is hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
4. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 1 wherein the film coating comprises 2 to 5% w/w based on the weight of the solid dosage form.
5. A method of treating a man suffering from migraine which comprises administering the composition of claim 1 to the man.
6. A process for the preparation of the pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 which comprises applying a film coating to a tablet containing 3-[1-(dimethylamino)ethyl]-N-methyl-1H-indole-5-methanesulphonamide succinate (1:1) salt as active ingredient, and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier or excipient.
7. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 1 which comprises 20 to 200 mg of active ingredient.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.