DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 6,004,996
|Title:||Tetrahydrolipstatin containing compositions|
|Abstract:||Product containing tetrahydrolipstatin as the active ingredient and pharmaceutically acceptable excipients, characterized in that it is in the form of particles with a diameter of 0.25 to 2 mm; and pharmaceutical preparation s or compositions for oral administration containing the product.|
|Inventor(s):||Shah; Navnit Hargovindas (Clifton, NJ), Zeller; Max (Fullinsdorf, CH)|
|Assignee:||Hoffman-La Roche Inc. (Nutley, NJ)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a plurality of pellets having a diameter in the range of from about 0.25 mm to about 2 mm, and at most only a trace amount of
pellets outside this range, each pellet comprising about 50% by weight tetrahydrolipstatin; polyvinylpyrrolidone; microcrystalline cellulose; and at least one pharmaceutically acceptable excipient.
2. The composition of claim 1, wherein the pellets have a diameter of from about 0.5 mm to about 1.5 mm.
3. The composition of claim 1, wherein at least 5% by weight of the composition is polyvinylpyrrolidone.
4. The composition of claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutically acceptable excipient is a surfactant, diluent, or disintegrant.
5. The composition of claim 4, wherein the pharmaceutically acceptable excipient is a surfactant.
6. The composition of claim 5, wherein the surfactant is sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium dioctylsulfosuccinate.
7. The composition of claim 4, wherein the pharmaceutically acceptable excipient is a diluent.
8. The composition of claim 7, wherein the diluent is sucrose or corn starch.
9. The composition of claim 4, wherein the excipient is a disintegrant.
10. The composition of claim 9, wherein the disintegrant is sodium starch glycolate, cross-linked polyvinyl pyrrolidone, cross-carmolose sodium, or a hydroxypropyl cellulose.
11. The composition of claim 1 which comprises about 50% by weight tetrahydrolipstatin; about 39% by weight microcrystalline cellulose; about 3% by weight sodium starch glycolate; about 3% by weight sodium lauryl sulfate; about 5% by weight polyvinylpyrrolidone; and about 0.1% by weight talc.
12. The composition of claim 1 which is in unit dosage form.
13. The composition of claim 11 which is in unit dosage form.
14. The composition of claim 1 which comprises about 120 mg of tetrahydrolipstatin; about 93.6 mg of microcrystalline cellulose; about 7.2 mg of sodium starch glycolate; about 7.2 mg of sodium lauryl sulfate; about 12 mg of polyvinylpyrrolidone; and about 0.24 mg of talc.
15. The composition of claim 14 which is in unit dosage form.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.