Generated: April 27, 2017
|Title:||Pharmaceutical compositions comprising rafamycin coprecipitates|
|Abstract:||Disclosed are pharmaceutical compositions containing solid dispersions in the form of co-precipitates, which solid dispersions contain rapamycin and a carrier medium, and methods of treatment utilizing such pharmaceutical compositions.|
|Inventor(s):||Guitard; Patrice (Hegenheim, FR), Haeberlin; Barbara (Riehen, CH), Link; Rainer (Staufen, DE), Richter; Friedrich (Grenzach-Wyhlen, DE)|
|Assignee:||Novartis AG (Basel, CH)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition, comprising: a solid dispersion in the form of a co-precipitate, said solid dispersion comprising a rapamycin and a carrier medium.
2. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 1 wherein the carrier medium comprises a water-soluble polymer or a cyclodextrin.
3. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 1 wherein the rapamycin is selected from 40-O-(2-hydroxy)ethyl rapamycin, 32-deoxorapamycin or 16-pent-2ynyloxy-32(S)-dihydrorapamycin.
4. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 2 wherein the polymer is hydroxypropylmethylcellulose or polyvinylpyrrolidone.
5. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 1 comprising up to 30% by weight rapamycin.
6. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 2 wherein the water-soluble polymer is hydroxypropylmethylcellulose which is present in an amount by weight of up to about 95%.
7. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 2, wherein the weight ratio of rapamycin to polymer is less than 1:4.
8. A pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 1 which is surfactant free.
9. A method of treatment of organ or tissue allo- or xeno-transplant rejection, autoimmune disease, inflammatory conditions, or multi-drug resistance, the method comprising: orally administering to a subject suffering from or at risk of such condition or rejection a pharmaceutically effective amount of the pharmaceutical composition as claimed in claim 1.
10. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 wherein the rapamycin is in amorphous or substantially amorphous form.
11. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 further comprising an enteric coating.
12. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 wherein the rapamycin is rapamycin.
13. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 wherein the rapamycin is 40-O-(2-hydroxy)ethyl rapamycin.
14. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 further comprising an antioxidant.
15. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 14 wherein the antioxidant is selected from the group consisting of butylated hydroxytoluene, DL-.alpha.-tocopherol, propyl gallate, ascorbyl palmitate and fumaric acid .
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.