Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Compositions and methods of using compositions with accelerated lymphocyte homing immunosuppressive properties|
|Abstract:||The methods and compositions of the invention and the compounds used in the invention involve a novel immunosuppression mechanism, accelerated lymphocyte homing immunosuppression (ALH-immunosuppression). For example, the compound FTY720 specifically directs lymphocytes to the peripheral lymph nodes, mesenteric lymph nodes, and Peyer's patches. By reversibly sequestering lymphocytes in these tissues, the compounds can inhibit an immune response in a mammal. Understanding these mechanisms provides a novel immunosuppression therapy that can synergistically interact with other immunosuppressive compounds. Screening methods for identifying similar ALH-immunosuppression compounds are also described. The invention allows better treatments and therapies wherever an immunosuppression regimen is desired.|
|Inventor(s):||Chiba; Kenji (Fukuoka, JP), Adachi; Kunitomo (Fukuoka, JP)|
|Assignee:||Yoshitomi Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd. (Osaka, JP)|
1. A method for accelerating the lymphocyte homing activity of the immune system of a mammal, while simultaneously maintaining the IL-2 mRNA expressing ability of T cells in
the mammal, comprising introducing an effective amount of an accelerated lymphocyte homing composition comprising 2-amino-2[2-(4-octylphenyl)ethyl]propane-1,3-diol hydrochloride to the mammal.
2. A method for reversibly reducing the number of circulating lymphocytes in a mammal other than rat or dog, comprising introducing an effective amount of an accelerated lymphocyte homing composition comprising 2-amino-2[2-(4-octylphenyl)ethyl]propane-1,3-diol hydrochloride or to the mammal, wherein a measurable amount of the circulating lymphocytes are directed to peripheral or mesenteric lymphoid tissue.
3. A method of manipulating lymphocyte traffic in a mammal comprising administering a composition comprising an effective amount of an accelerated lymphocyte homing compound comprising 2-amino-2[2-(4-octylphenyl)ethyl]propane-1,3-diol hydrochloride.
4. The method according to claim 1, wherein the lymphocyte homing is to mesenteric or peripheral lymphoid tissue.
5. The method according to claim 1, wherein the lymphocyte homing is to Peyer's patches.
6. The method according to claim 1, wherein the introducing is by oral administration.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.