DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,985,322
|Title:||Method for the treatment of CNS disorders|
|Abstract:||An improved method for the treatment of central nervous system disorders comprises treating patients with an enteric fluoxetine formulation.|
|Inventor(s):||Anderson; Neil R. (West Lafayette, IN), Harrison; Roger F. (Zionsville, IN), Lynch; Daniel F. (Indianapolis, IN), Oren; Peter L. (Fishers, IN)|
|Assignee:||Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN)|
1. A method of treating people suffering from depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bulimia, pain, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder,
hypertension, atherosclerosis, anxiety, anorexia nervosa, panic, social phobia, stuttering, sleep disorders, chronic fatigue, Alzheimer's disease, alcohol abuse, appetite disorders, weight loss, agoraphobia, amnesia, smoking cessation, nicotine
withdrawal syndrome symptoms, disturbances of mood and/or appetite associated with pre-menstrual syndrome, depressed mood and/or carbohydrate craving associated with pre-menstrual syndrome, disturbances of mood, disturbances of appetite or disturbances
which contribute to recidivism associated with nicotine withdrawal, circadian rhythm disorder, borderline personality disorder, hypochondriasis, pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS), late luteal phase dysphoric disorder, pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder,
trichotillomania, symptoms following discontinuation of antidepressants, aggressive/intermittent explosive disorder, compulsive gambling, compulsive spending, compulsive sex, psychoactive substance use disorder, schizophrenia, premature ejaculation, or
pyschiatric symptoms selected from the group consisting of stress, worry, anger, rejection sensitivity, and lack of mental or physical energy without an increase in nausea comprising administering an enteric fluoxetine pellet comprising a) a core
consisting of fluoxetine and one or more pharmaceutically acceptable excipients; b) an optional seperating layer comprising a non-reducing sugar; c) an enteric layer comprising hydroypropylmethylcellulose acetate succinate (HPMCAS) and one or more
pharmaceutically acceptable excipients; d) an optional finishing layer.
2. A method of claim 1, employing a formulation containing 20-100 mg base equivalent of fluoxetine.
3. A method of claim 1 employing a formulation containing about 90 mg base equivalent of fluoxetine.
4. A method of claim 1 wherein the fluoxetine is present as fluoxetine hydrochloride.
5. A method of claim 2 wherein the fluoxetine is present as fluoxetine hydrochloride.
6. A method of claim 3 wherein the fluoxetine is present as fluoxetine hydrochloride.
7. A method of claim 1 employing a formulation containing the following:
8. A method of claim 1 of treating people suffering from pain, further comprising the coadministration of morphine, codeine, or dextropropoxyphene.
9. A method of claim 8 employing a formulation containing 20-100 mg base equivalent of fluoxetine.
10. A method of claim 8 employing a formulation containing about 90 mg base equivalent of fluoxetine.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.